Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-03-2001, 09:44 PM
Inactive User

Default My Dak vs. local Minot Neon

I haven't had a race head to head with a vehicle I wouldn't waste the gas on in a while... Usually traffic is between the on who'd prolly get a spankin'..... Anyways, I nosed up next to a green Neon.. You prolly have seen one like him.. clear taillites, red inserts, look like bug eyes... fart tips *dual, no less* and lowered. The light was red, and he starts loading up his converter, and I can hear the buzz over my stereo, and closed windows. I almost thot it'd be a good race. The light went green,a nd I stomped on it, and to my surprise, she hooked nicely. Neon boy pulled me for about 20', when my torque really let loose, then it was all over. Had to mash on the binders to not slam into stopped traffic at the next lite. I never really broke 50, I dont think. If you're out there, nice race, dude, maybe see ya later in town.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:28 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up SOUND'S GOOD

SOUND'S LIKE ONE OF THESE PUNKS THAT INSTALLS THE EIBACH SPRINGS, THE LAMP DRESS UPS, AND THE LOUD EXHAUST AND THINKS HE GOT A FUELER.

I HATE PAPER LIONS, IF THE CAR SOMEONE IS DRIVING WON'T EVEN GET OUT OF IT'S OWN WAY, THEY SHOULDN'T ACT LIKE IT.

IF I AM DRIVING MY WIFE'S CAR I DON'T TRY TO ROD IT. IT'S SLOW.

BEWARE: THE 10, 11, & 12 SECOND NEON'S DO EXIST. I HAVE BEEN SPANKED BY ONE OF THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS AT THE LOCAL TRACK.

GOOD KILL NON THE LESS, YOUR DAKOTA SOUNDS MEAN, WHAT'S SHE EAT A 1/4 MILE OF CONCRETE IN?
Old 10-04-2001, 09:48 PM
Inactive User

you might want to try to race a 5 sp they are alot quiker than an auto.
Old 10-10-2001, 04:09 PM

Yeah, and you probably beat the hell out of your little brother or sister also. Wow, big kill.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:21 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy TOO BAD

IS THERE A NEON DRIVER OUT THERE THAT'S A LITTLE SORE?
A KILL IS A KILL. ESPECIALLY IF THE PERSON WHO LOST STARTED THE RACE.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:24 AM

YOU MISSED THE POINT, WHY BRAG ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS? NEXT WE'LL READ ABOUT HOW SOMEBODY TOOK A ONE LEGGED, SIX YEAR OLD GIRL ON A TRI-CYCLE. "OH, BUT SHE STARTED THE RACE." GO AFTER SOMETHING THAT STANDS A CHANCE. BUT IF YOU "HARD CORE" STREET RACERS ARE INTIMIDATED BY A 130 HP, 4-CYLINDER, GROUND DRAGGING WOOPTY MOBILE, SO BE IT. RACE THEM AND ENJOY YOURSELF. JUST MY OPINION. IT'S NOT SIGNIFICANT UNLESS IT'S A NON-MOPAR.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:17 AM
Inactive User

Default what

I THINK YOU MISSED MY POINT, A KILL IS A KILL. REGARDLESS.

OH YEAH, THE 2.0L SOHC IS 135 HP AND THE DOHC IS 155 HP.
I KNOW THAT'S NOT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE, BUT THAT'S THE FIGS. HAVE A NICE DAY.

WHAT'S YOUR 69 RUN THE 1/4 IN?
Old 10-12-2001, 03:03 AM
Inactive User

living in North Dakota, Bismarck to be exact. I know exactly what you are dealing with up there.
someone talked about Eibach springs, what you dont realize is that most of them here just put ground effects and big rims to make them appear lower. Or chop their springs. (at least in Bismarck)
Then the only engine mods they do are to put a Cold air intake "worth at least 20 horse" and dual fart tip setup "worth at least 100 horse" and then the ever popular stickers "worth another 500 or so horse" and crap like that.
I raced my 64 Dodge with a 318 poly up against almost everything in this town thats a ricer. I got beat by one. one of those damn Honda S-2000 things with twin turbos. Boy he was fast. Everyone else around here has "low 10 second" 18 second rides.(in the rice crowd)
I took my 64 Dodge to Minneapolis to visit my cousin this summer too. And I'll tell you what, those were some ACTUAL 10 second ricers. DAMN did they go. half of em looked stock. They got there priorities straight there. Engine first, then other crap. Here its CRAP FIRST THEN YOUR DONE!!!

sorry for the vent. I just really really really hate North Dakota ricers.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:05 AM
Inactive User

Thankfully its not that bad yet where I live, most of the street racers in town have mustangs, then the fast guys have other classic iron. There is a handfull of guys that have the riced up civics and preludes, but they are all show no go, and you would be surprised how many riced up sunbirds and cavaliers there are......its crazy.....they suck.
There are maybe 3 or 4 fast jap cars here in my city, a super clean 95 supra.....its a killer and a prelude with a mid engine 454 that runs 9's.
Mosty the 4 cyl stuff is just looks..........but this town is crazy, I had a guy in a minivan want to race me before......I was like "crack for you?"
Anyways, as far as im concerend, beating a car that is a sleeper is ok, but if its a "stock" engine, keep it to yourself

just my opinion
Old 10-12-2001, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

Well actually the sohc had 132hp and the dohc 150 hp, and i dont brag on the board on how i wupped on my bros., n/a 2.5 tona, casuse there was nothing to brag about.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:55 AM
Inactive User

Default HEY NEON GUY

YA WANNA RUN MY TONA' WITH YOUR "NOCKIN' NEON"?
HE HE HE.
Old 10-13-2001, 08:18 PM
Inactive User

SO YOU CHECKED OUT MY PAGE, ITS OLD I GOT A NEW NEON SINCE THEN, I WOULD RACE YOU IF I HAD I TURBO IN MY CAR
Old 10-14-2001, 02:23 AM
Inactive User

A kill is a kill, ESPECIALLY when the other one starts the race. I raced an old explorer with my old ram once and just beat him out at a stop light. My old bulky bruiser with an underpowered 3.9. He started it. I didn't expect to beat him. I used to do some WOT stop light racing with my old ram once-in-a-while, but I always lost. I just thought it was funny. Nothing to get worked up over really. Now my new ram...that is something different. I raced it a few times but haven't in a long while. Its a 3/4 truck for cryin out loud. Definitely not something I'd make into a sleeper!! LOL The way I look at it is...lets see you put 3500 lbs in the back of that Chevy Lumina/Honda whatever/any car for that matter!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Remeber, this ain't track racin, it's the street warrior forum. Again, a kill is a kill. And stop picking on one legged six year old girls! LOL LOL Mopar rules!