Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-05-2001, 09:08 PM
Inactive User

Default Cars in barns

Does anyone know when carsinbarns.com will be back up and running? I kind of miss checking out the derelicts that need a good fix-up .........djs
Old 10-05-2001, 09:17 PM
Inactive User

its up and running. I was there last night. what a shame! all those cars.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Inactive User

Angry

That is a f*ckin shame! Too bad they dont post the addresses of these cars, the owners might come home one day and find them missing!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Inactive User

Agreed a big shame indeed.......reminance of a by gone era. If the owner claims to restore the vehicle in the future, why leave it rot in the elements?
Old 10-06-2001, 02:03 AM

Cool

Yes it sure is a shame. I have a couple of friends in KC Mo that should have their cars posted on this site. I keep telling them I'm going to take pictures of their cars the next time I'm in town and post them on the site.

One owns a real LS6 Chevelle (sp?), '69 440 6 pac Super Bee and a '63 Max Wedge Dodge. Each car wouldn't take a lot to return to the street. At least his cars are inside. Another friend owns a '70 383 'Cuda with front and rear rubber bumpers that's been in pieces for nearly 20 years.

Maybe someday they will see the light.

HV
Old 10-06-2001, 10:09 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

What a sad site............
I can't believe all these cars are just rotting away...........

Amazing..........

Cya,
Keith
Old 10-07-2001, 09:23 PM
Inactive User

thats gotta be one of the saddest mopar web sites. it really hurts if you own one of those same cars. the stories are funny though.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:01 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy I was one of those "gonna fix 'er up one day" guys....

Yep, I hate to say it but I redeemed myself when I had no choice and sold off my MoPars when I had to move.
Had a '70 and a '71 GTX, '70 Charger 500, '67 Belevedere, '65 Coronet 440 post car in the mid '80s. I absolutely didn't have the money to do any of them justice so they sat for a few years some out in the weather. It amused me when people would flip at those cars just sitting there. Sell 'em? NOPE< gonna fix 'em up one day.
I can somewhat understand why people won't part with those cars even though you KNOW they will never have the money to do anything with them. The worst ones are the ones that are CONVINCED that their rusted to the ground '68 Super Bee is worth THOUSANDS of dollars. Won't part with it unless you offer them as much as it would be worth totally restored. They are not necessary a MoPar person. Not to the point where your or I would take on a full restoration and do it right. But they got some stupid idea that their current rust bucket is worth a bunch of money when it is not. VERY FRUSTRATING!
Gone are the days of "HEY, if you will haul off that old car for me you can have it!" I know a few guys that has happened to but that was 20 years ago.