Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-10-2000, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Question

I have looked through a pile of old MoPar magazines and even if they feature a sixpack car with a lift off hood they NEVER show where the hood pins are in the shot.
what I need is a top down photograph or tech illistration of the placement of the hoodpins on a '69 Coronet car with a lift off hood. If anyone has a six pack car with a lift off hood can you send me a picture so I can set mine up correctly?

Old 12-11-2000, 01:05 AM
Inactive User

Check your email, maybe these pics will help
Old 12-11-2000, 02:38 AM

Question

I'll be doing this same swap in the spring. Can you please email me those pictures too.

prostock@usa.net.

Thanks...

------------------
Tom
68 Super Bee
69 Barracuda Convertible
Old 12-11-2000, 02:39 AM
Inactive User

I just had one installed on a '69 satellite wagon. I took some photos and I'll make a point of sending you one if the pin location reads on any of them.

Just make sure you're not planning to run factory air with this hood, since it doesn't clear the structural crossmember on the bottom side of the hood. I am now converting to a lower, modern-car compressor with a special mount -at a tremendous cost!

Old 12-12-2000, 01:51 AM
Inactive User

I talking in the engine compartment.
Where are the pins bolted.
IF I knew exactly where the hood pins were suppose to go I could eyeball the locations enough to drill holes in the hood.
But If I guess at it and screw up it could be a costly mistake.
That is why a good picture is so important.
OR else some exact measurments would be useful also
Old 12-12-2000, 03:15 AM
Inactive User

I know the front pins take the place of two of the four bolts on the rad. core support, the rears mount on a bracket that bolts to the fender or firewall. I think I read an article in MOPAR ______? a couple years back that told how-to. Try a search on SIX-PACK and check out the sites not talking about beer. That's about all I can think of. I am planning this for my 'net in the future, at which point I will probably just make my own brackets and put the pins wherever I feel.

------------------
Nitro
69 Coronet 440
90 W250 4x4
00 Avenger ES
Old 12-13-2000, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

I know someone that has a bone stock original
'69 1/2 Superbee 440 6pack car with the lift off hood.
He can be kind of hard to get along with sometimes so I don't want to bother him unless I absolutely have to. I guess I will head up there this weekend.
Old 12-14-2000, 07:16 AM
Inactive User

While not an original 6pak, I put on a lift off repro 6pak hood on my 69 RoadRunner a while back. The hood was from YearOne, and they had the holes predrilled in the subframe underneath the hood. I just had to drill a whole in the outer shell. The hood pins go just slightly to the radiator side of the hood bumpers in the front two corners. There are brackets that go in the back in place of the hinges. YearOne sells these, but they might be a bit expensive if you can make your own. They are just angle iron. I bought them as I wanted to look stock/original. Let me know if you need pictures but it looks like others will/have sent you some already.

I love the hood. It lightened the front end a bit and I felt a definite improvement in the performance. Not to mention the looks I get!

Anyone know where I might be able to get an orignial 6pak lift off hood air cleaner base where I won't incur the national debt?

SixPakPete
Old 12-17-2000, 02:42 AM

My uncle has a original 69 sixpack road runner that i could go take measurements of sometime when he pulls the heads off(i dont want to try to take the hood off his most prized possession myself since im clumsy). Anyway, the measurements should be the same since they are both b-bodies with the same inner fenders and radiator support.

------------------
M....massively
O....over
P....powered
A....and
R....rare