Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-18-2000, 12:18 AM
Inactive User

does anyone have a set of fully ported indy sr heads that were done by indy that could tell me what it cost and if the intake window is suppost to be the same as the indy single plane intake mine were pocket ported by muscle motors later i sent the heads to indy for what was to be full porting the cost was 500.00 just for porting not including parts i also bought single plane match ported a few mounths later the intake has approx. 1/4 inch taller port than the head this is probably a silly question but i have no idea and would like to have more information before i call them back i could not find reciept until now and without the reciept they were not able to help me because of the amount of time that had past this is my first time posting a message if anyone could help me i would appreciate it
Old 12-18-2000, 01:48 AM
Inactive User

The port job that Indy offers for $500 is called the Super Mod Port & Polish (SMP&P). This is the most porting done to the head for someone who is using a '906 type intake.

If you're using the Indy single plane, you would want to step up to what they call their MAXX port job, which to an untouched head, costs $1,000. This opens the port size up to Max Wedge size port window. If you have this done to your heads, it may cost less, since you've already had some work done to them.
Old 12-18-2000, 03:29 AM
Inactive User

Thats what I needed to know. My mane concern was that I paid for something I did'nt get. THANKYOU.
Old 12-18-2000, 03:56 AM
Inactive User

hi murphey,this is a different subject but i see you have s/r's ,how much hieght on exhaust headers did you gain from stock heads to s/r's & what type headers you use?
Old 12-18-2000, 04:17 AM
Inactive User

I have a 64 dodge it had the tti headers before head change. They would not fit after. So I put headman comp from indy. I did have inlarge the inspection hole in iner fender for one pipe.