Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-11-1999, 10:10 PM
Dave

I have an '80 Mirada that we have done a bunch of upgrades to on the suspension.ie urethane control arm bushing, sway bar, k-frame, and upgraded the sway bars in the process. The problem I am having is I can't find a urethane replacement for the front spring eye bushing. The stock one is not a simple round one either. It is very oval with a hole in it ahead and behind the actual hole for the spring bolt. Any one know of where I could find a urethane for the stock rubber?
Old 02-19-1999, 11:25 PM
dbdartman

Two ways to fix this problem: First is the old 1960's method of putting bolts in the extra holes to stiffen up the bushing. Second would be to have springs made to the same dimensions as your present springs. I'm don't know if the spring dimensions are the same as any earlier Mopar springs, so check them out, you might be able to just bolt in a set of earlier B-body springs.
Old 02-20-1999, 07:53 AM
Dave

That sounds like that would help. Thanks. My next step is to have a new main leaf made and a round urethane bushings installed. It's not that expensive to do just a pain in the butt. If I could get away with just changing a bushing I thought that that would be simpler. Oh well. I don't know but I would bet that finding another car with a round front bushing and the same dimensions as mine would be a fluke. But never say never. Thanks
Old 02-21-1999, 04:38 AM
caveman

supposedly b body springs eye to eye length is the same as the f body,but the bias is different.If thats any help.You could use a b body main leaf with f body add on leafs.