Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-16-2001, 08:42 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin Any questions for the guys at Dayco Torque conveter plant?

Ok, I will be going to the Dayco torque converter factory in Cookville TN this Friday. Does anyone have any questions they would like me to ask them while im there? I plan on picking thier brains as much as possible, so I will gladly field any other legitimate torque converter questions for my fellow pentastar fanatics.
Then I will post the answers within the next day or so.
5th
Old 10-18-2001, 04:36 PM
Inactive User

Yes. Why did one grenade after one month in a 1999 Taurus that I did the AX4N tranny on ?
Old 10-18-2001, 05:10 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin ok

ok I will ask them!
5th
Old 10-18-2001, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Dayco huh?

Didn't know there was a torque converter factory in Cookeville. Just OEM stuff huh? I don't think the science behind the working of torque converters are a mystery; just why so much of the aftermarket stuff is such junk.
IF you are going to prose a question, ask them WHAT IS A MUST FOR A RACE torque converter. What goes into it, not what comes out of it right?
Old 10-18-2001, 08:52 PM
Inactive User

Angry Equations

I have been trying to build a mathematical equation to determine the fluid pressure on the turbine, impeller, and stator at different loads and rpms. Ask them which method they use to design and rebuild performance torque convertors.
1: trial and error
2: computer assisted designs and calculations
3: formulas and hand held calculator math
4: other

Is there a good modern book on torque convertor technology that gets into the good stuff.
This is not ment to be a joke or sarcastic statement. It is something that few "torque convertor people" have been willing to talk about over the telephone.

Billy
Old 10-18-2001, 10:19 PM

Ask them who they all build torque converters for, I have heard rumors of B&M and TCI, but only rumors. I would like to know for sure. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2001, 09:55 AM
Inactive User

Could you also ask them why their converters dropped in a Ford Contour CD4E, minutes after the customer took it? Also why a Mitsubishi F4A22 dropped after about three months? In both cases the internals of the trannies were perfect, except for all of the metal I cleaned out during fresh overhauls. In both cases the trannies had external coolers added, bypassing the radiator, so it was not from 'leftovers' in the cooler.

This is why on the '95 Concorde I just bought that needs a tranny, I am going to get a converter from the dealer. I cannot afford to 'save' money even though I get them at cost at the tranny shop I work at.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:22 AM
Inactive User

Angry no information!

I didnt have an opportunity to ask anyone any questions. I went in the front office staffed by three women that new nothing about tech info. some guy came in, took my converter, asked me what it goes to, went into the factory, came back 10 min later with a counter wieght welded to it.
I thought I would get to go back with the guy i talked to on the phone and BS with him while he welded, but just wasnt the case.

So sorry I couldnt be of any help to yall.
5th