Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Neon Club Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-16-2001, 09:19 PM

Thumbs up Buying a '01 R/T

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a '01 R/T Neon. Anything I should know about this car before I write the check??? (Problem wise...)

Thanks, Dakster
Old 10-17-2001, 12:52 PM

Yeah. You'll probably really enjoy the car. Other economy car owners will be extremely jealous and intimidated by your Neon, but don't be easy on them, show them the trunk as often as you can. The folks at the local gas station will more than likely forget your face since they won't be seeing you much, remember to send them a Christmas card. "Oh wait, you wanted to know about the car, your probably OK." Have fun!!!! Todd
Old 10-20-2001, 07:12 PM

Wink

Too funny!! Thanks man, I'll be sure to show 'em my dual exhaust as much as poss.

Dakster
Old 10-25-2001, 10:26 AM
Inactive User

Well, I am jealous... I wish I had one. but the aftermarket is still a little weak for it. (only one turbo... then you could really pass everyone ) but good luck with that car... I haven't heard one bad thing about it.. cept from civic owners getting beaten badly by them.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

Hello I'm new to Mopar chat. But I own an 01 Neon R/T. I happen to love my car. The only mods I've done so far are : Ram Air, K&N Filter, lowered (using stock springs off of a 95 sport) and tinted windows all around. But for the fun factor, you can't beat it. Hopefully a turbo in the next few years. I've got almost 19k on it, and need front brake pads, which I can only get from the dealer right now, and they are $113 OUCH! The rears (which I don't need yet) are $139. They are a high performance pad.... I can't give you anything "bad" about this car yet. I absolutely love it. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2001, 09:02 PM

Question

Hey Denise, Thanks for the info. I was wondering how much drop did the '95 springs give you??? Wow, that's steep for front pads... What color did ya get? I'm looking at the red.

Thanks, Dakster
Old 11-01-2001, 09:34 PM
Inactive User

I have the flame red. If you'd like, I can send you some pics of her. (her name is Sassy) you can email me at dwillis@keglerbrown.com if you'd like some pics. I think the red and the black are the better of the choices. I don't like the silver, and the white isn't my color either. And they didn't make blue