Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-17-2001, 02:12 AM
Inactive User

Default magnum force racing stuff

has anyone else seen the company called magnum force racing? they sell cool stuff like tubular upper control arms and complete tubular k member, coil over and rack and pinion conversions that are supposed to be bolt on.. id like to look into it, its pricey but if it is that easy to install..,(truly bolt on)and improves the car that much it may be worth it. i like to drive my cuda hard and this would be pretty cool. it is also supposed to drop 100 lbs off the front end. has anyone used or known anyone who has used this stuff, ... good things .....bad things.....service......ease of installation.......actual performace gains..???
Old 10-17-2001, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

I've seen the ads, and yes the stuff does look pretty good. They're supposed to be located in Campbell, CA (which borders San Jose, where I currently live) but I have never seen their shop. Maybe I'll make a drive by next time I am in the area and let you know if I find anything and what I think of it.

I almost bought a disc brake conversion kit from them, but went with the wilwood instead. Big mistake, it didn't fit well at all.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:39 AM
Inactive User

one of the mopar mags did an istallation of the uppers on the holly roadrunner. they didnt report any priblems, and they looked trick.
mike
Old 10-17-2001, 11:00 AM
Inactive User

I have the tubular upper A's. I like them. they come in handy if you are lowering the front end. but for the stock ride height, they aren't worth the money. if you are dropping over an inch from stock, they will allow you to retain all of your alignment specs.

as for the whole K member deal. Uppers, lowers, coil overs $3500 and then add the wilwood set up. I like it, they look cool, but that is alot of money.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:38 PM

Yes Magnum Force is in Campbell, CA. it's about 1/2 mile from my house. Ron ( the owner) is a hardcore Mopar guy. I bought my Dart from him! did you check out thier website? www.magnumforce.com? I go there alot. TSteiner61, they are on White Oaks Road, ( where you get on that ramp to go on hwy 17 to san jose) instead of getting on the ramp, just go straight to where the stop sign is, and go straight, On your left is where Magnum Force is in the same complex as the Ferrari shop. they are in the back. It's a great place to talk about cars he knows his stuff. My dart was the guinea pig for the tubular K member project. You should check out his mean 1970 Daytona charger clone (528 Hemi, hilborn injection). the tubular K member and Tubular control arms are really nice products.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:40 PM
Big Tuna

Wink

I see they are listing the K-frame for the A-body now. I'm seriously considering one for my Duster. I have a buddy who put the upper A-arms on his '68 Valiant and thinks they were well worth the money.
Old 10-18-2001, 12:45 AM
Inactive User

I've been looking into this as well. They've changed their website a little recently and contains more information about the K-member swap. The kit itself looks truly "bolt-on", but be aware that there are a couple areas that aren't that easy.

First, if you use the coilovers to eliminate the T-Bar, you will need to reinforce the shock mount. This requires a little welding. Check their site on this, they give some solutions to reinforcing the shock mount. The other debate about eliminating the T-Bar is if you actually need the T-bar to help locate the lower control arm. Of course if you swap the entire K-member, than this point is moot.

Secondly, if you swap the K-member, the new tubular one does not contain any engine mounts. You will either have to fabricate ones to weld on to the new K-member, or use a motor plate or elephant ears. Again, the site has some suggestions about this.

In either case, you will need some welding and fabrication skills, so it's not really "bolt in". Of course if you live near them, then you can pay them to do this and all is well.

I am very interested in this since it provides rack & pinion steering and moves the centerlink to the front. It also gets rid of the old LCA which is tough on bushings. Have you tried replacing those yet?
Old 10-18-2001, 10:47 PM
Big Tuna

Wink

I will only do the K-frame swap when I decide to take the car off the street. I already have a motor plate to install, so that won't be a big deal. I have seen a couple guys put rack and pinion in with a stock K-frame, and they ended up with some really spooky looking tie rods. I have checked out the website and this tube K-frame looks really nice. I traded e-mails with him a couple times too. The swap is kinda pricey, but I think the gains will be worth it.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:31 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by 68Valiant
1970 Daytona charger clone (528 Hemi, hilborn injection).
Its blue right? with nitrous and the whole works? I have seeen it a few times. At the Madera Mopar show a few weeks ago. Very trick setup.
Old 10-19-2001, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xf69fs

Its blue right? with nitrous and the whole works? I have seeen it a few times. At the Madera Mopar show a few weeks ago. Very trick setup.

Blue with white stripes.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:59 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up VERY NICE STUFF

Their at all the GoodGuys events in Pleasenton too also have/had a `71 or so Charger Prostreeted to the max thats pretty badass too....ahhhh saving my $$$$.... some day WHEN i win the Lottery.....
Old 10-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Inactive User

I would love to go to this setup, if I had the money. If I had my druthers, I'd go to a stroker B-Block (aluminum headed) with the total k member swap and the keisler 5-speed setup (maybe something with an overdrive) and a full IRS setup in the rear, something Jaguar based with inboard big discs. Maybe even a 9" ford IRS setup (blasphemy!). I know that a lot of people will say that there won't be much Mopar left in her, but with the right mounting, I can have a true 50/50 weight ratio and the handling to match the power provided by the big block in the front. Plus four wheel discs and a nice firm steering setup. If the engine is radical enough, I might go with a hydracharger to keep the brakes in juice. Then of course the 16" (10's in the back, 8's in the front) rims with H-speed tires and a full secondary gauge cluster (to put in those "unneccesary" gauges, like a tach and a real oil pressure/temp gauge). Oh, and buckets, because I'm a lone wolf, baby, don't need no company in the front seat. Or something. Maybe it's just because I don't like sliding around on the big bench. The "flying couch" feeling is for luxury boats, like the 67 Lincoln I dream of at times.