Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-28-2001, 11:55 AM

Cool 4X4 Dak ran a R/T Dak

Well I got to play with an R/T Dakota today and it was kinda fun. I was on my way home and noticed a red R/T reg cab come flying up from behind to get beside me. Once he was there he kinda gunned it a few times and then imediately let off and fell back even with me. We were on a straight stretch of highway with no one else around. It was hard not to punch it the first time he tried to entice me, but I didn't want to have my ass handed to me. But after 3 or 4 times of him tempting me I had to at least try.

I looked over and gave a nod and pointed for him to go. We were going about 45-50 mph (the speed limit) when he punched it. I droped back to 3rd and stomped it. The KB instantly gave me my 6lbs. of boost and I was gone! He had the jump on me but only for a second. At 85 mph I shifted into 4th and his front bumper was about 5 or 6ft. behind my back bumper. Took it up to about around 110 mph then let off, he was still at about 5 or 6 ft. back maybe a little more. There was still plenty of open road ahead but I figured the point had been made and I didn't want to see these factory all-terrain tires blow at that speed.

I went ahead to the store I was headed to, and he pulled in behind me. He said he knew I had the blower, but had heard it didn't do much, and that a stock reg. cab 4.7 2WD had blown me away a few weeks back and he wanted to see what I had. He was quite impressed to say the least especially since I'm 4X4 and have the little 4.7L V8. He was a cool guy and we only talked for a few because he said he was in a hurry to get somewhere or another. Looked like he may have lowered the R/T and sounded like he had done some exhaust but I'm not sure if he had done anything else or not.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:16 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Good run, It seems like you should have pulled harder on him becaused you have a SC. But then theres no telling what he had done to his R/T.
ooo14
Old 11-09-2001, 08:48 PM
Inactive User

way to represent for the 4.7's
Old 11-16-2001, 02:55 PM
Inactive User

I ran a lil R/T Dakota at the strip, what do these things run stock? poor guy lost by 1.89 seconds......in the 1/4 mile.

I thought he was gonna give me a good race...........he looked a bit nervous in the staging lanes asking me what my truck runs etc.....
Old 11-16-2001, 04:02 PM
Inactive User

dude that is awesome you beat him in that big truck. Got any pictures? Sounds like a sweet ride.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:27 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by R/T EATER
dude that is awesome you beat him in that big truck. Got any pictures? Sounds like a sweet ride.
Heres the only picture I have handy thats worth a damn. I'll put up some video tonight or tommorrow. This was taken last Sunday on the 11th.

Old 11-16-2001, 07:26 PM
Inactive User

man those diesels are smokey. Good lookin truck man!
Old 11-16-2001, 08:38 PM
Inactive User

It only smokes like that racing, or when I have the fuel turned upto max output.

Heres a video of the R/T run....only ran a 13.76 this one. Its bout 9 megs so be patient if your on dial up. Working on editing it down. Crappy quality too.

Big ol Diesel vs Lil R/T
Old 11-16-2001, 08:56 PM
Inactive User

Cut down the photo some....just testing.

Old 11-17-2001, 12:58 AM
Inactive User

When did Dodge start overing the R/T in the reg. cab? I thought it was only made in the club cab

KatDiesel, been lurking over at the TDR for more than 8 months and it seems that you are one of the heavy hitters over there with your knowledge and experience with the big bad Cummins!
I bet the guy in the R/T couldn't see where he was going with all the smoke

Keep on meaning to join the TDR being I'm the owner of my third Cummins powered truck
Old 11-17-2001, 04:00 AM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up Hey, KatDiesel!!!

Awesome looking Ram!
Can you post a close up of it?
The hood scoops, the cab clearance lights, the thick black smoke, the black paint - just looks great together!
It also looks like you're raised a foot above stock. HeeHee!
I sure would pull over to let you pass if I saw you in my rearview mirrors!
Still haven't been able to watch the video yet - is it me or QuickTime?
Old 11-17-2001, 06:20 AM
Inactive User

I can't see it either
Old 11-17-2001, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: Hey, KatDiesel!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SUN RA KAT
Awesome looking Ram!
Can you post a close up of it?
The hood scoops, the cab clearance lights, the thick black smoke, the black paint - just looks great together!
It also looks like you're raised a foot above stock. HeeHee!
I sure would pull over to let you pass if I saw you in my rearview mirrors!
Still haven't been able to watch the video yet - is it me or QuickTime?
Thanks, as far as pictures, I will see what I can do, its extremely dirty right now so it'll be at least a week or so. And actually its not black Its patriot blue. I would prolly have gotten the Intense Blue if I had known Patriot Blue was soooooo hard to keep clean. But when it is clean....look out....its awesome. Ride height is stock actually, I do have slightly bigger tires, I have 285/75/16 instead of the 265/75/16 that came on it. And yes thats a functional ram air hood Love that damn thing.

On the video, how long are you waiting? Do you get the blue "Q" to come up on screen? The video is around 10 megs so it will take a while to download it, ecspecially if your on dial up? I would open the link in a new window, and minimize it and continue surfing the net, then check on it every so often. I jsut checked it and it works for me using Quicktime 4. I don't have any way of changing the format right this minute but I am working on it.

13.60 Run (QuickTime)

RaceDay back in October........below.

Here is some other videos...smaller in size and better quality. You'll have to Right click the links and select Save Target As onto your hard drive and then view them. I can't get them to link and just play through Yahoo.

Make sure you got the volume up....

Here is the first run of the night. I had just drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the track and had overdrive off for some in town driving. Needless to say I forgot to turn it back on! He almost caught me..... listen closely and yu can hear when I engage overdrive after being against the govnor in 3rd for a bit......Greg thought I let off to let the Civic catch up Hehe Overdrive is a good thing!

Here is another race, I don't remember exactly what time I ran on this one nore what kinda car it was. I ran about 4 times in the last 20 mins of the track being open. Lil Black car!

Heres a run on a 99+ Mustang GT...he just flat out lost...Kat vs 99+ GT

And last but not least my favorite run of the night! A pre99 Mustang Cobra. Make sure ya listen to the crowd at the end Kat tames the Snake! This wasn't my fastest run of the night but it is my favorite.
Old 11-17-2001, 10:07 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Mopar_nutz
I can't see it either
Do you have Quicktime? The R/T video and the 13.60 video will only play in Quicktime right now. If you get the blue "Q" then its working I believe...jsut downloading. Give it some time to download...depending on your connection. I put up some others for y'all to enjoy. Make sure ya read how to play the other four i jsut put up.
Old 11-17-2001, 10:11 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by TMAC
When did Dodge start overing the R/T in the reg. cab? I thought it was only made in the club cab

KatDiesel, been lurking over at the TDR for more than 8 months and it seems that you are one of the heavy hitters over there with your knowledge and experience with the big bad Cummins!
I bet the guy in the R/T couldn't see where he was going with all the smoke

Keep on meaning to join the TDR being I'm the owner of my third Cummins powered truck
The R/T I raced was an Intense Blue regular cab.

I know a thing or two bout my lil Inline 6 diesel I may not have the "most" powerful truck, but I do believe its one of the quickest ones, and working on more power over winter I want to touch the 12's next year and really make the gassers heads spin.... And actually I try to stay in the right lane for the starter's sake and my opponents benifit, but sometimes i am forced into the left lane, oh well

The TDR is the best $35 I have ever spent, because of the friends I have made from it.
Old 11-17-2001, 11:12 AM
Plutonium Member

Angry

Yahoo! says I'm FORBIDDEN to view the videos.
Grrrrrrr. Hiss! Meow!
Old 11-18-2001, 04:35 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by KatDiesel

Do you have Quicktime? The R/T video and the 13.60 video will only play in Quicktime right now. If you get the blue "Q" then its working I believe...jsut downloading. Give it some time to download...depending on your connection. I put up some others for y'all to enjoy. Make sure ya read how to play the other four i jsut put up.
actually I get the broken Q. probably just my computer. it seems to be touchy about quicktime
Old 11-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Inactive User

Default Still trying

I am still working on the videos.

Try this one! KatVsRT(7.2megs)

Tell me if it works.
Old 11-19-2001, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by SUN RA KAT
Yahoo! says I'm FORBIDDEN to view the videos.
Grrrrrrr. Hiss! Meow!
To view the 4 above Sun Ra right click the link, select Save target as and download it first. I don't know how to get it to play straight from Yahoo.