Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-29-2001, 12:51 AM
Inactive User

Question Which stereo & speakers?

Which stereo should I get? The Pioneer DEH-P47DH or the Jensen CD615X? These are the ones that are the same size as the stock stereo. I think that is what I want to go with. Also, which speakers are best for the front doors that are under $100 per pair?
Old 10-29-2001, 01:03 AM
Inactive User

Default pioneer of your two choices

pioneer,,i have some blaupunkt 5 1/4 overdrive components 6 months old?.....as well as some 6 1/2 overdrive components same age with recipets,,ill sell for 80 dollars boath sets
Old 10-29-2001, 01:06 AM
Dodge Proud

Default Re: Which stereo & speakers?

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenRam
Which stereo should I get? The Pioneer DEH-P47DH or the Jensen CD615X? These are the ones that are the same size as the stock stereo. I think that is what I want to go with. Also, which speakers are best for the front doors that are under $100 per pair?
for the deck pioneer all the way.. i would suggest going with the DEH-77DH i think it gives a bit more power than the 47DH.

as for speakers i went with a pair of eclipse 6x9s 3 way. i wanna say i paid like 120.00 a lil more than what you wanna spend but well worth it..

on a side note my pioneer DEH-47DH crapped out after 2 years.. it was a preimer with the 2 year warrant ybut i couldnt find my recipts... so i went with the DEH-6300 din size... althou it doenst fill the hole up like the other did it is a bad ass cd player... it also carries a 320.00 price tag..
Old 10-29-2001, 09:27 AM
Inactive User

Alpine also make a couple 1.5 din HU. Ones about 300 and the other about 400.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:54 AM
Banned

all I can say is stay away from jensen.... get whatever one looks the best and has the most features that u will use... just DO NOT buy anything jensen... alpine is good stuff..... i like clarion but... it's up to u thanks

cHrIs
Old 10-29-2001, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

I would recomend finding ANY stereo you like. I too was looking for 1.5 din, but didn't really like them or the features.

I ended up going with a Kenwood and I was the only one who was even remotely concerned with the appearance after it was installed. All my reservations have now left me and I am happy that I went with a deck that had the features/controls I wanted rather than just the size I thought I wanted.

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:12 PM
One Bad Country Boy!!

i have the pioneer cd player u mentioned, and i love everything about it...except for one thing. it doesn't have a true "seek" feature. i've always bought pioneer and have never had any probs, except when it got stolen.

later, dustin
Old 11-02-2001, 04:57 AM

I just thought that I would add my worthless $.2. I agree with what (got20s) said "stay away from jensen". I have a couple of,(okay you all can go ahead and laugh now), jensen amps.
They are the XA series and I don't think they do what they should and what they need to. Okay you all can stop laughing now.
Old 11-08-2001, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

Default jensen

you have got it all wrong,,,,jensens are great,they are designed to be mounted out side of the vehical for supperior cooling(high air flow)you can mount them directly in the bed,,,on the roof any were,, and a person walking by wont evean give them a second look,,,you caN EVEAN MAKE UP A SECURITY STICKER that says ,,I HAVE JENSON EQUIPMENT ON BOARD,,lol
Old 11-09-2001, 10:58 PM
Inactive User

"I HAVE JENSON EQUIPMENT ON BOARD"

best security to date

get whatever you can afford and like
Jenson isnt too bad
but if you are comparing it and Pioneer,then the Pioneer is the pick(IMO they look cheep,the Jenson IS cheep /alpine--drool,darn price tag

the DIN isnt too bad,true the looks aside,but cheaper,and the only one that looks at it,doesn care for the space filled
Old 11-10-2001, 12:20 AM

Biggrin

desktopsilver

Nice choice of words. I liked that.

Quote:
jensens are great,they are designed to be mounted out side of the vehical for supperior cooling(high air flow)you can mount them directly in the bed,,,on the roof any were,, and a person walking by wont evean give them a second look,,,you caN EVEAN MAKE UP A SECURITY STICKER that says ,,I HAVE JENSON EQUIPMENT ON BOARD,,lol
H*ll, I liked it so much I think I will quote it again....Yes that is what I am going to do.........

Quote:
jensens are great,they are designed to be mounted out side of the vehical for supperior cooling(high air flow)you can mount them directly in the bed,,,on the roof any were,, and a person walking by wont evean give them a second look,,,you caN EVEAN MAKE UP A SECURITY STICKER that says ,,I HAVE JENSON EQUIPMENT ON BOARD,,lol

volare360
Just jokeing. I just got rid of my old Jensen tape deck for a Kenwood. I agree with what you said

Quote:
alpine--drool,darn price tag
Old 11-11-2001, 03:31 AM
Inactive User

Default sparkomatic

i think jenson is an upgrade from sparkomatic
Old 11-11-2001, 12:00 PM

Biggrin sparkomatic

Sparkomatic I have not heard that word in years.