Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-03-2001, 03:45 AM
Inactive User

HEY,
I just got the correct bracket kit for my
Lokar kickdown linkage kit. What is the best way to have the linkaged engaged with relationship to throttle position?
Kickdown lever all the way back when at WOT or somewhere in between? That is how I have it not and I am not satisfied with the performance. The cable is slack; not pulling lever at all; at idle, and all the way back at WOT.
Old 01-03-2001, 04:59 AM
Big Tuna

Thumbs up

I have a Lokar on my car, and the cable has some slack when the throttle is closed. You can adjust the cable tighter or looser until the trans shifts where you like it too.
Old 01-03-2001, 07:13 PM
Inactive User

I have the Lokar throttle and trans kick-down on my '71 Charger with the 451 stroker, using a 1,000+ CFM holley Pro-Series carb.
I had to drill a new throttle pivot hole on the Holley linkage that put the throttle linkage further forward and higher so I could get the carb at WOT easier.

The Trans Kick-Down cable is mounted to the lower part of the Holley throttle lever so the cable is pulled forward as the throttle is opened. The bracket on the trans is mounted to a bolt on the tail shaft extention so the cable pulls the trans kick-down lever back as throttle is opened.

I think that on my setup, Lokar cut the inner cable (wire?) too short, so I had to pull the inner wire back and cut a few inches from the outher cable (sheild?) This gave me a longer center wire.
I then set the adjustable cable adaptor to about the center.
I then removed the carb return springs and used them to hold the carb at wide open throttle (engine off.)
With the carb at WOT and the carb pivot jamb screw (by jamb screw I mean the hex head screw that holds the cable in place in the pivot)loose, I pulled the inner cable wire through the pivot untill the trans kickdown lever was fully rearward, then I locked down the piviot jamb screw.
Then just reconnect return springs.
Now the kick-down should go fully rearward at WOT.
If the trans upshifts way too soon at very light throttle, then you may need to adjust the throttle lever stop inside the transmission.