Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-04-2001, 01:52 AM
Inactive User

Default Por-15

For anyone thinking of using POR-15 Chassis Black I thought I would give some recent experience. First let me say this stuff is great, it works as advertised. I purchased mine from www.por15cr.com which is run by a great couple. They are extremely knowledgable in the products and can answer any question you might have. I used it for my undercarriage and was advised by the POR people to bruch it on but I was really reluctant to do so due to the time it would take. Glen of PORcr told me to spray it on and that it wasn't a problem. I have to say that it looks great and went on nicely. PORcr sells kits that are more versatile than the POR company itself and they have great prices. The only problems with POR is the process, you have to prep the area with Marine Clean which then has to be rinsed with water. The rinsing is kind of a pain but the result is worth it. One tip, make sure you paint as soon as the area is dry. Do not wait as the Marine Clean cleans so good that rust will form is a couple of days. Hope this helps soeone thinking about this.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:09 AM
Inactive User

That's a good site, thanks. Would their products be good to paint headers do you think? I'd love to paint my undercarriage, the rust makes me just cringe.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:44 PM
Inactive User

They have another product for exhaust manifolds and headers. The stuff I used looks outstanding, my floor was VERY rough. I had welded about a thousand small rust holes, replaced two floor pans, fabricated several floor patches all of which looked extremely bad from underneath. After putting on the POR product I cannot believe how great it looks. In fact my son who is 13 looked at it today, he hadn't seen it since I painted it. He asked how it all got fixed and couldn't believe it was only a painted on product.
Old 11-06-2001, 02:55 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I agree Por 15 is great stuff, i used it on my floorboards top and bottom as well as just about everyother place i found rust forming on the car. If you use the standard por15 do not use it on anything that the sunlight can reach, i put some on the rearend and the spots where the sunlight could reach faded, severly and fell off. It is some great stuff but it just dosen't hold up to sunlight. If you are planning on using it some place where the sun can reach (hubs, rearends, steering parts wheelwell ect...) just make sure to paint over it, i used the rubberized undercoat in a spray can that you can buy at autozone over the por in my wheelwells and it took care of that problem.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:35 AM

Default POR 15

I used POR 15 factory manifold gray on my headers. It works great!! You won't be dissapointed with the results. No more rusty headers or exhaust manifolds. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.