Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-05-2001, 11:23 AM
Banned

Default Kicked a ford excursions butt!!!!

went out wheelin this weekend, and out climbed a ford excursions butt, In 2wd!!!! he had it locked in 4 high and was struggling to get up the hill!!! He pointed at me to see if I could make it up. I started up the hill, bogged down a little at first, hit the throttle a little more and up the hill I went with ease. Oh yeah, I didn't even engage 4wd!!!! the bad thing was is that he had over 4,000 dollars in suspension work!!!
Old 11-05-2001, 12:06 PM
Inactive User

It helps that your truck is much lighter than that ugly bulk (or is it hulk ) that you beat.

Still, it's a great thing to hear about!
Old 11-05-2001, 12:07 PM
Inactive User

Good job on puttin' that ford in it's place.

Hey, those excursions really ain't nuthin' but grocery getters, though. Paint one yellow and it could be mistaken for the special ed bus.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:57 PM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up Good Job!

The Ford Excursion is one of the few vehicles on the road that makes me look around me just to make sure I am in my Ram and not a car- they are too big! I suppose 5' 2" middle class housewifes like 'em, though. It scares me to see someone drive one of those things because you can almost bet they don't know how to drive it in bad weather or in an emergency, or how to park it and only take up one parking space...

It took me a while to get up off the floor, LMAO - " Paint one yellow and it could be mistaken for the special ed bus."
THAT is a Classic!
Old 11-05-2001, 05:30 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Good Job!

Quote:
Originally posted by SUN RA KAT
The Ford Excursion is one of the few vehicles on the road that makes me look around me just to make sure I am in my Ram and not a car- they are too big!
I drive a Neon... So take a guess of how I feel around those ugly boxes...
Old 11-05-2001, 05:42 PM
Inactive User

Great to hear you beat a Ford, but the bottom line is the Excursion is a tank, with or without $4000 of suspension upgrades .
Old 11-05-2001, 06:00 PM
Inactive User

Special ed bus! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just what a woman driver needs to be behind the wheel of! And I thought they were dangerous in Suburbans!
Old 11-05-2001, 06:30 PM
Banned

LMFAO!!! that was great. yeah, the guy had money in it, but it was no match for the mighty dodge, his powers were weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he wouldn't even follow me up the next hill!!! Muhahahahahahahahaha
Old 11-07-2001, 12:58 AM
Inactive User

OH YEA, well my truck can get up the hill faster then yours. Wait I can't go offroading anymore. Nevermind.

Nice kill. It's always great to see someone beat something that has money in, just sucks for the person that wasted money.

I drove an Excursion once, that thing is big, just takes up space and I would not want to even attempt to offroad in it, hell I woulnd't want to drive it on the road. I've had an easier time manuvering 24' box trucks.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:19 PM
Inactive User

I saw an Excursion and and Expedition in the same parking lot the other night and it was only then that I realized how huge the Excursion really is .