Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-08-2001, 10:32 AM
Inactive User

Default Ultra/Evernham/Melling/Atwood/Mayfield/Elliott/Compton stuff....

OK....Jayski has the following:

More on Ultra Motorsports(#7) “About the only thing nailed down is the #1 Mopar truck and Ted Musgrave,” (Ultra Motorsports owner Jim) Smith said of the storm of rumors that is swirling about his teams in two of NASCAR’s three national touring series. Smith said the plans for his second Dodge factory truck, whose primary sponsorship package with Team ASE will also remain unchanged with Jason Leffler the rumored driver, is “99 percent done.” “That should be done and signed any day now,” Smith said. “We are just trying to get some other issues finalized. Everything is agreed on, but until it’s signed it’s not a done deal.” “As far as NationsRent is concerned, we’re under a lawsuit,” Smith said. “They outright refuse to pay or to continue the program as we were contracted to do. They owe me a lot of money. It’s a nasty situation to the point I may not even have NationsRent on the car this weekend if they don’t pay some of what they owe me.”(NASCAR.com) AND (Casey) Atwood, meanwhile, is reportedly not interested in driving a Dodge for Ultra Motorsports, which is where current owner Ray Evernham would like Atwood to land. With Jeremy Mayfield expected to replace Atwood (in the #19 Dodge), a move to Ultra Motorsports would keep Atwood in the Dodge program.(Winston Cup Scene - need sub to read)(11-8-2001)

They also have this snippet over there:

Melling? Compton? Atwood? Stacy Compton's car (#92 Dodge) owner, Mark Melling, doesn't have a sponsor for next season and may have to shut down, although there are reports that Atwood might be able to put together a deal for the Melling ride(Winston Salem Journal)(11-8-2001)

And this:

[b]Elliott after 2002? Speculation continues as to whether 2002 will be Bill Elliott's final year. Elliott says he has "no plans" to retire, but with a line of die-cast cars tracing his career set to be released next year, talk of a "farewell tour" isn't likely to subside. If he is planning on hanging it up, it would be wise not to play poker with Elliott, who contends, "I've got a two-year deal with Ray (Evernham). And (another) two-year option after that. That's what my contract is." But Elliott knows that contracts don't mean much these days. Teammate Casey Atwood also had a long-term deal, but is likely to be driving elsewhere next season.(Winston Cup Scene - need sub to re
Old 11-08-2001, 01:52 PM
Inactive User

Almost as good as "Peyton Place" isn't it. Now we know why it's called "Silly Season"!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:44 PM
Big Tuna

Biggrin

I liked it today when they quoted Ray as saying he is "100% committed to seeing Casey being a successful driver". He just didn't say it was gonna be with Evernham Motorsports!