Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-08-2001, 10:34 PM
Inactive User

Default Ignitor II kit problem - help!

A few weeks back a friend and I tried to put the Ignitor II kit and Flame Thrower II coil on my 69 340 Barracuda. The biggest problem was that the black magnetic sleeve didn't fit too snug. It kind of rattled around a little bit making the gap adjustment for the magnetic sleeve and Ignitor II module harder. And also the rotor cap didn't seem to safely sit in the ears of the sleeve.

I took it for a test drive and it was fine until i got on the highway and got on it a little bit. It started misfiring and continually got worse until I got into my driveway and it cut and wouldn't start. So we just through the old coil and point/condenser back in.

Anyone else have an Ignitor II kit or can shed some light on these problems?
Old 11-09-2001, 02:02 AM
Inactive User

There should not be any slop. Call up the guy at Pertronix -- he is a great guy and very helpful. If you don't have his number you can get it from the guy at http://www.vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/. That place is where you should have bought the unit to begin with. I have one of these in my Mopar and one in my Bricklin and they fit and function great. Kim