Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-11-2001, 01:41 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I just received my 4.25" Stroker crank from Paul's Crank Shop in Devine, Texas. This thing is a work of art!!! The workmanship is flawless (and I've seen hundreds of cranks in my day)and I can hardly wait to drop it in and melt the pavement with 508 cubic inches of MoPower! And the man Autographs his work!

Paul has kept me posted on progress via E-mail throughout the entire project and he is 110% Straight-Up and on-the-level!! I would highly reccommend you consider this as an alternative to an MP.

Wize 1

His E-mail: Paul@devtex.net
Old 01-11-2001, 02:05 AM
Inactive User

That sounds awesome. I wonder how much cheaper the cranks are without the autographs though. Hehe.
F.B.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:49 AM
Inactive User

Although I have never heard anything bad about the good quality welded strokers, they have their 'bad' points. One is that since you have added stroke it means that your bobweight swings furhter out. That may lead in to some balancing problems. And I believe you have some alternatives to the MP cranks; Eagle should have 4340 forged cranks for Mopar BB, that are priced about the same as the welded strokers. They may need some work to be perfect, but they are new and out of better material than even the MP cranks. I have nothing against the welded cranks, but just wanted to bring a few things in to discussion.
Old 01-11-2001, 03:14 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey there Dan from Wisconsin here.I'm really glad you almost wet your pants when you got your crank from Paul. I just ordered a Scat Billet 4.197 Stroke from him and I can't wait to put it together. From all I read about him and the E-mails I've exchanged with Him. I think I found Someone who really cares about his customers. I'll keep you posted on how my 700 Hp 640 #Tq Stump puller turns out.
Old 01-12-2001, 04:14 AM
Inactive User

Yes, whenever you offset grind and move the rod journal centerline further out it effects the bobweight. In this particular case since I'm running the smaller BBC 2.200" rod journals, a fair amount of mass is removed verses the larger 2.375" Mopar journals. I don't anticipate having to add any weight and Paul said it shouldn't be any problem.

Also, an added benefit is the overall (outside) radius with the 4.25" stroke/2.200" rod winds up being slightly less than the 4.15" stroke/2.375" rod Mopar crank which equates to more initial rod clearance around the bottom of the bores.

Man, this thing is so nice, I don't know whether to put it in the motor or chrome it and stand it up in the yard and hang my mailbox on it!!!

Wize 1
Old 01-12-2001, 05:11 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Hey Wize 1,
I worked at a machine shop in Austin, Texas and we used Pauls cranks for many a project. He does make a gorgeous crank! I personally had him grind my 340" and like you said, "I don't know whether to put it in a motor or chrome it and put my mailbox on it" The man is great!