Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-25-1999, 03:54 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Has enyone else out there had problems getting their subscription since peterson bought them out.I cannot get any help from their subscription fulfillment center so i e-mailed mopar muscle this morning!

cuderdude
Old 07-25-1999, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

I get the rag in the mail,but I got it thru my son's school fundraiser.It does come on time,although it took awhile to get it.I really don't care for it as far as the tech articles go,they are old news to me.I don't need a 3 page deal on how to change axle shaft bearings in a 8 1/4.The Max Wedge stuff was good,but only because Al Kirshenbaum wrote it and he has blood that is Race Hemi orange in color.I really like Mopar Action magazine as the best Mopar mag.I haven't read High Perf.Mopar in a while,so I can't comment on that.Although the editor of that mag is Greg Rager who used to be Mopar muscle's editor before the Petersen takeover.Greg is another Mopar die hard that knows alot too.
Old 07-26-1999, 04:00 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Funny you guys should mention this, as my subscription is due to run out next month (which I will let it). Ever since the "Dodge Truck Section" (which I really don't mind) went in, it seems like the cars featured in the mag are a lot more "narrow". AKA Limited to certain types of cars like: bone stockers and ultra nice Max Wedge and original 426 cars. I myself really want to see all out Drag, Pro Street, REAL Street, King of Street and drag cars like these. I am not interested in a 440 powered bone stock station wagon or a prestine convertable Road Runner with 3 miles on the odometer.

Although these are OK, it just not what an Everday Joe (or Scott) is really looking for.
Another Mopar Muscle gripe - If they do show a car, say a tubbed out, full cage 'Cuda with a turbo charged small block (or something like it). They insult ALL drag racers everywhere by not showing ANY ET information on the car at all!! This tells me that this "purpose built" race car has not EVEN been on a drag strip what so ever (or even worse, the car is actually slow!!). My Mopar MAG of the future will probably be Mopar Action, which in my older issues appears to be doing better than Mopar Muscle.

Any input on the best Mopar Mag's?
Old 07-27-1999, 01:31 AM
Inactive User

I'll still cast my vote for Mopar Action.I've been a subscriber for over 7 years.The tech editor,Richard Ehernberg,is very knowledgeable about Mopars,and his tech articles are interesting too,not the same boring crap that seems to resurface every other year.There was a excellent article on his 69 Valiant that he put the Accel EFI on.Although there is some Neon stuff in there too that I don't care for,all in all it to me is the best Mopar magazine out there.
Old 07-27-1999, 06:22 AM
Inactive User

I HAVE A SUBSCRPTION TO MM AND WILL GET ONE MA. IN RECENT MONTHS, EVEN WEEKS, I'VE NEEDED ALOT OF INFO AND FOUND A GREAT DEAL OF IT IN MA. MM HAS A LOT OF RERUNS, BUT I CAN SEE WHY. PEOPLE NEW TO THE HOBBY ARE GENERALLY "GREEN" AS FAR AS TECH GOES, AND BACK ISSUES ARE NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE, IT JUST SEEMS THE RERUNS ARE TO FREQUENT WITH MM. THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE WITH ALL OF THE MAGS IS THAT THEY USUALLY DON'T TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WHEN THE DIRECTIONS DON'T WORK. (TRIAL AND ERROR=$$$$$$$$$$$$) MY VOTE HAS TO GO TO MA, ALTHOUGH I DON'T HAVE A SCRIPT. LET ME ADD THAT THIS FORUM HAS THE MAGS BEAT BY MILES FOR TECH AND GENERAL INFO, THANKS TO EVERY ONE INVOLVED, IT'S BEEN A GODSEND FOR ME.
Old 07-27-1999, 06:57 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I would have to go with MA myself.They get down to the good and dirty stuff.And the tech editor is second to none.But this board is also an excellent source since most questions that are answered are promptly addressed.And everyone is very helpful so hats to everyone!! I dont like the drawn out articles on a trailer queen that is only driven off the ramp.Whats the thrill of having a Mopar if you cant drive it!!! Sure people like to see them but most of us drive them and work on them and want info on how to keep them running.I like to see and hear a Hemi with my eyes,not one in a mag thats all chromed out and only turned on for 30 seconds
Old 07-28-1999, 01:59 AM
Inactive User

I agree that this web posting is far better than a magazine.Everybody has posted very interesting topics.If we don't share knowledge,it puts us as Mopar fanatics behind the ball.
Old 10-02-1999, 08:19 PM
Inactive User

Cool

I like both of these magazines. The more the better. Have you seen all of those mustang mags. If mopar had half as many I would be as happy as a kid on christmas morning. I do have one complaint about mopar action. It's only bi-monthly. That's just not enough. I can hardly wait a full month for my mopar muscle.

[This message has been edited by DannyC. (edited October 02, 1999).]
Old 10-02-1999, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

I like High Performance Mopar the best because of all their strip shootouts they do but MA is a close second.
Old 10-05-1999, 05:27 PM
Inactive User

I like Car Craft better than any of the Mopar mags. A couple issues back CC did an article on installing a Transpak shift kit in a 727. The new issue talks about building a 10 second street car (a '70 Super Bee). CC is very performance oriented, very "real world" oriented, and even though they don't focus entirely on Mopars, a lot of what they cover is applicable to Mopars.
Old 10-08-1999, 09:38 PM
Inactive User

I would say Mopar Action has the best tech,there tech guy knows his stuff.If MM got bought out by the the folks at peterson (AKA Camaro craft,hot chevy rod)that sounds like a death toll to me,I quit reading those rags 20 years ago becuas they only talk chevy.
I cant help it I just like to blow em into the weeds.
Old 10-09-1999, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

Amen Caveman!!! My thoughts exactly
Old 10-11-1999, 12:19 PM
Inactive User

Sometimes things do change a little in 20 years. The more there are magazines, the better. I have got valuable information from all the magazines I have read, even Hot Rod. Now that David Freiburger is a Car Craft editor, I bet there is pretty much mopar stuff too. However, I can only buy Mopar Muscle, Hot Rod And popular hot rodding here, and they all got good stuff every now and then. The Mopar Muscles big block head article series in the beginning of this year is so far the best technical article I have read in any magazine. I think it couldn't have been done without Petersen publishings money.
Old 10-12-1999, 03:33 AM
Inactive User

If you have never read Mopar Action,I urge you to.It really has the best tech articles and they get down to the nitty gritty on restoration cars too.I have been subscribing for over 7 years.No B.S. articles either.
Old 10-12-1999, 03:42 AM
Inactive User

Everybody has said so much about mopar action that i am going to try to find it here. If barns & nobles doesent have it can somebody give me the publisher and subscription phone number. Thanks
Old 10-12-1999, 03:53 AM
Inactive User

Harris Publications, 1115 Broadway New York,New York 10010 (212)462-9543 is the subscription dept.phone #