Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-19-2001, 08:57 AM
Inactive User

Default Useless Ramblings of An Old Guy

Every morning I am awakened by my dogs wanting to go out. Every morning, 5:30 sharp! So I let them out, put the coffee on and turn on the computer before breakfast. I have two full blooded Basset Hounds(about 50 lbs. each) and two years ago they adopted a small pup that later turned out to be a Rottweiler/Shepard mix(about 130 lbs. now and still growing)(he also thinks he is a Basset too). Every morning when they go out they are met by their friends the squirrels. And so every morning I watch them chase squirrels around the yard while I am at the computer. Every once in a while they chase a squirrel up the next door neighbor's(widow lady) gutter downspouts. It's funny to watch all three look at the downspout, tails wagging in anticipation of more fun. This morning they were doing that when suddenly Rudy, the lead Basset, barks a command and Kujo, the mix, grabs the downspout, and takes it off the house. So Kujo brings the 10 ft. downspout backs to my house and lays it on the patio(as if to say "Look what I did").

Oh well, the lady next door is a good sport, loves the dogs and I have an account at the local gutter shop(its happened before). This post doesn't have anything to do with Mopar, racing, etc. but it does show the preverted sense of humor of this old guy.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

Bo,

We HAVE to get you to a race track....................and quickly....
Old 11-19-2001, 04:24 PM
Inactive User

Angry old ??

Yo, whassss up? I AM 'the old man', my WIFE told me so just 5 minutes ago. She wakes me up at 9:00 am each morning with a cup of coffee and the paper, ( better than squirrels ). I watch the first 15 minutes of 'Regis and Kelly, read the paper, hop downstairs to the computer ,and check out what you guys are doing. I am usually at work by 10:30 and come home again about 11:00 pm. I can't wait til 2nd week of January, then we cut out Sundays, back to only 6 days a week.
'the old man'
Old 11-19-2001, 09:18 PM
Inactive User

23T, what was that song Tom T. Hall had? The most important things in life were old dogs, fast horses and watermellon wine. Well, I got two out three, don't know anything about horses.

355, you mean your wife fixes the coffee, breakfast- and gets you the paper too! Wow! She is definitely a keeper!
Old 11-19-2001, 11:50 PM
Inactive User

SANBORN-I enjoyed your episode with your dogs.It was a good way for me to start my morning.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Every now and again we need a good laugh, thanks for the chuckle.
avenger
Old 11-20-2001, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

I try to enjoy life one day at a time and love to watch animals. But I must admit a special fondness for those dogs(my wife says they don't look at me as their master, but as their bigger brother; sigh, probably true).
Old 11-20-2001, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

Glad to hear IÂ’m not the only one that has my computer such that I can enjoy critters in the yard while typing.
WeÂ’re a little short on squirrels here in the desert, lack of trees I believe, kinda short on downspouts too, now that I think about it ...but weÂ’ve got plenty of jack rabbits!
IÂ’m down to 1 dog (75 lb. Dobe) and a duck (2.2 lbs, thinks itÂ’s a dog). The dog used to chase to those rabbits, but lately sheÂ’d rather spend most of the day sleeping in the shade of the porch. The duck still likes to poke around the back yard with the bunnies, chewing grass and stuff. I think I can relate to the dogs way of thinking, never have figured out that duck tho-

IÂ’m attaching a picture of my palÂ’s, following dyno360Â’s advice, hope I donÂ’t screw up.

WeÂ’re off to Calif. for Turkeyday. Hope everyone has a fine Thanksgiving! MmmmÂ…I can smell the pumpkin bread alread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-005f.jpg (54.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-21-2001, 02:06 AM
Inactive User

I think it's
Faster horses,
Younger women,
Older whiskey,
and More money.

My first post to this site, I need to get a car going in circles!
Old 11-21-2001, 08:43 AM
Inactive User

WR 70, understand about Mesa and lack of trees. Worked there about 25 years ago. Sure is hot in the summer but very warm in the winter-nicer as you get older. Went jackrabbit hunting years ago in W. Texas using jeeps and Browning 12 ga. autos. Wow, what an experience.

SUPRDUD, it helps to be going in circles on this post. Believe it's older dogs, faster women and smoother wiskey.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:52 AM
Inactive User

You'd think with 3 registered German Sheperds, the smallest weighing some 85lbs, you'd have the perfect criminal repellent!!!
Wrong, wifey has 4 full grown geeses, even the dogs wont mess with them. And frankly i wont either, specialy when they start hissing, best to back off, and stay the hell away!!!! lol
avenger
Old 11-21-2001, 05:01 PM
Inactive User

Amen on the geese, been there, done that, and won't do it again. Boy, do they mess up a yard!

You know, this post may be going to the dogs, or geese, or maybe faster women!
Old 11-21-2001, 08:53 PM
Inactive User

Default tee hee heee

Thats funny last night when I was driving to my shop I ran over a dog , a goose and a bunny, Just kidding.
Actually I have a (uhh my girlfriend does) a bunny. He is kind of like me when Im working at my shop, Dont stick your hand in his cage or he will bite you just to let you know its his space. I too hate to be bothered when im working, that is when I start that is.

Ramble ramble ramble
Old 11-22-2001, 08:25 AM
Inactive User

Just let the dogs out, the neighborhood pack was waiting for them on the patio. They will make their rounds to check for deer crossing into their territory, more importantly to make sure no strange dogs crossed the line. Too dark outside for the morning squirrel chase, that will come later. Put the coffee on and checked the web site. Not much going on.

To each of our Mopar friends, may you have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family and loved ones. And please think about us Friday as we tow off into the "Valley of the Shadow of Death" (Atomic Raceway) to do battle with about 80 of our GM and Blue Oval friends at the Southern All Star $10K to win show. It will be tough. The car is ready, trailer clean and stocked, got all our shock packages ready, six "J" bar setups, 42 tires mounted(open tires), Two "bullet" heaters(very important), insulated coveralls. All we need is about an extra tenth and we will be in the hunt(if you are three tenths off the pole, you arn't in the hunt)(three tenths off will put you about 40th fastest, they only start 24 cars).

Opps, the boys just treed their first squirrel!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:52 AM
Inactive User

well first good luck sanborn hope u kick there butts !!
and of course happy THANKSGIVING to u and everyone !!
and of course thanks for all the help u guys have been this year !!
david:
Old 11-22-2001, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Atomic

Hope the track is nice and tacky, so Jeff can "hook up" all that Mopar power. Hope you draw a good qualifying position, before the track goes away. With 80 or more cars, the track will surely change between the first qualifyerr and the last!
Old 11-23-2001, 02:07 AM
Inactive User

I appreciate the thoughts. You ought to drive up to Atomic. Really, tomorrow night will be the best night of racing with all cars qualifying and running 15 lap heat races. Most of the national "guns" will be there.

Just got into the house, we finished DA sanding about 20 tires tonight(that helps to "liven" the tires so they fire on the first lap rather than take 2-3 to heat up). Still got a short list of last minute things to do in the morning.