Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-22-2001, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

Default I guess I should apologize

LOL, I told everyone that my slant six ran 17.5 with a one barrel. Well, after something started knocking in the bottom end, I got it home and popped the hood, to look down the valve cover,curious to see if oil was still pumping. Well, I looked and there it was, 4 bolts holding the carb down. TOO BAD YOU GUYS COULDNT SEE MY FACE LIGHT UP. There she lay, a 2brl carb,intake. I guess I should of payed more attension to the engine, maybe it wouldnt of went. My conclusion of the mishap is maybe the oil pump went out. I never liked the way the dipstick looked, so im gonna match my dipstick with another one from a slant six. Maybe for some reason, not enough oil. I will find out soon. Ill just take the valve cover all the way off and crank it over, see if oil is pumping. So, I put the 2brl,intake,aircleaner on ebay that day, I dont need a 2brl setup! I need dual 2brls, as I still think the engine was starving. and I dont like 1 and 6 running lean when using a 4brl.Anyone needing a 2brl setup, go to ebay and search "slant six" theres me and another guy selling a 2brl setup.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:46 AM
Big Tuna

Biggrin

HeeHeeHee!!!!!! Just so you know, I run a 4 bbl and 1 and 6 don't run lean. (390 Holley and Offy intake) I am gonna try 2 BBD's some time. I know somebody that used them and said they worked very well.