Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-30-2001, 09:23 AM
Inactive User

Default Boy, Am I One Nervous Camper.

Howdy All:

Well, it had to happen. I knew that it did. Today is the 1st time that Suz's drivin #3. She's gone already. It was dark and drizzley when she left. She'll be parking in a PARKING LOT too. And when she gets out of work, it'll be dark, and RUSH HOUR too. Talk about the shakes. To top it off, she says that I jinxed her. That's just CYA.

Her Phazer started to act up last night. It's kinda stickin in 4WD. You can hear it clunk as it tries to get in or out of 4WD. Then, there's a howling that's weird. The 1st time it happened at 28. Then it started at 36, then 43. Wild, huh? I HATE the electronic shifters.

I can't wait til tonight. I better get the spots ready for when she gets home. Go over #3 with a fine tooth comb. She'll be runnin the Gauntlet on the way home. That's when most of the idiots are out. Well, Suz is a pretty good driver. I trust her. It's just the other people.

Later
Ugg
Old 12-02-2001, 10:21 PM
But young at heart.

Default Don't keep us in suspense.

How did it work out?
Old 12-03-2001, 01:22 AM
Inactive User

Hey Wayne:

How ya doin? Are ya ready for this? I guess that I got her sooo paranoid, that when she got to work, she put up all kinds of signs all around #3 sayin "Please don't lean on or touch me" She also parked on an angle as to take up two parking slots. BTW, we're both disabled and have those handicap thingys hangin off the mirror.

She had a safe drive there, and liked the ride, sound, and pep, but it was dark, and wet. She said she new that there was power under the hood. Gee, I wonder why? That little Vortex V-6 of hers does boggie. When I drive it, it's like drivin a real fast go-cart. Riiiiiiiing, ring, ring (my impression of the engine).

All through work, she was Miss Paranoid. Constantly checking out #3. Makin sure that nobody touch, came near, or breathed on it. She did get all kinds a oooooohs & aaaaaaahs over it, and a few people said it was no wonder that I didn't let her drive more often. I can't believe that I've gone this long without a litter bag. Shame on me, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where to put one where it won't get in the way.

Suz doesn't like drivin in the dark. It gives her problems. What's she gonna do when we move out to the country? I guess her rig will have to have allot of lights on it. So anywho, when she got out of work, of course it was dark. Dark, wet, and .RUSH HOUR. We still live close enough to Chicago to still be able to enjoy that little thing.

I guess I could have given you all the Cliff Notes version, and said "Everything went okay", but what fun would that have been?

Later
Ugg
Old 12-03-2001, 09:14 PM
But young at heart.

Thumbs up No reason to shorten it.....

I enjoyed the reading. Glad she was safe. I've heard people referring to parking crossways 2 spaces called "parking diagonerd" but with all the people that don't appreciate someone else's ride, I think it only makes sense. I do it myself sometimes. L8er.

Wayne