Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-26-2001, 04:48 AM
Violent J

Hi all..i have a 70 Cuda with single piston caliper front disc power brakes. I got a linelock for Xmas, and was installing it the other day...all went well till i broke the bleeder fitting off in the right caliper...well, Discount auto has these rebuilt for 18 bucks, so I ordered them up....put em on and bled the brakes...all seemed ok, till I road tested it..would veer to the right when pushing down the brake pedal, then if you let off, would veer to the left.....when I got home, the front left disk was super hot, apparrently dragging. so I swapped out that caliper out with a new one from discount(they replaced it for me)..get it all bled again...same thing. Disk spins till you push on the brake, then gets stuck. cant turn rotor by hand. Anyone have a clue?....HELp..
Old 01-26-2001, 04:55 AM
Inactive User

CD,it might be a collapsed brake hose.
Old 01-27-2001, 03:14 AM
Inactive User

Smile

I'll be surprised if it's not a flex hose gone bad. What happens is that the inner wall cracks and a small flap of rubber will allow fluid flow one way only, acting as a one way check valve. The only way to know is to replace the hose, bleed, and road test again. This usually happens when the hoses get old; they deteriorate from the inside out, just like rad hoses do. This is not a real common occurance. I've seen it maybe 3or4 times. Please let me know if this cures the problem, if not tell us what the trouble was. Thanks, djs
Old 01-27-2001, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

Cool

cdignition, I forgot to tell you hoe to check this. It's simple, press the brake and release, the tire is hard or impossible to turn like you said. Then crack the bleeder screw open for like 2 seconds then close it again. Try turning the the tire by hand again. If it's easy to turn, 99.9999999% sure it's the brake hose. Let us know, Djs
Old 01-27-2001, 03:47 AM
Inactive User

Well CD, I think these guys have figured out your brake problem. I have only seen this once in my life, now twice. When you don't expect the unexpected it happens. Some of you guys are good diagnosticians. Did you replace the hose yet?

------------------
Old 01-27-2001, 02:52 PM
Violent J

Yes, this was the problem, i put a new hose on, and poof...all better...hard to believe this could happen like that. ITs always the simple stuff....Thanks everyone....