Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-12-2001, 03:06 AM
Inactive User

Default Aaaaaaaaaargh

Howdy All:

Boy, did Monday suck! Of course, nothing went right, but to top it all off, I was a victim of "ROAD RAGE". I was on my way to the Zoning Office, to pay for my fine and permit. I had the whole entourage' with me, Aleasha, and Ethan. I had noticed this guy way ahead of me, errattic speed, changing lanes without turn signals (one of my pet pevees), and gerearally being a non-driver.

He was in a Ford F-250. Well, it finally happened, I caught up to him. I was behind him, and we were in the left lane. He was ranging in speed from 35 to 55. The speed limit was 45. My religion requires me to go 5 over. There was a car in the right lane. He would slow down to where he was just behind the car, and then speed up to almost a car length ahead.

Well, he finally got far enough ahead as so's I could get ahead of the car, and, then being in the right lane, pass him. There was another car about 8 car lengths ahead of us. Now, when I changed lanes, I used my signal, and DID NOT tromp on #3 to make the change.

I gave #3 some more juice, so I could get ahead of this guy, and go around this other car. I figured this guy was doin about 40. So, I look into my mirror to see where this P/U is, so I can make my change, and guess what? HE'S ALONG SIDE OF ME!!! I was commited to that lane change, so I tromped it and made my move. I truely didn't think I'd be able to stop fast enough to not hit that other car.

This jerk, in the Ford, got on it too, but #3 had the better jump, Whew. I made it, with inches to spare. Anyhow, as I got around this car, I got back into the right lane. Let this IDIOT go. If he wants to go faster than me, so be it. It doesn't bother me. Well, I guess it bothered him. He starts to turn into #3, but pulls back. He does this several times.

He rolls down his window, and starts callin me all kindsa MF's, CS's, Dog F'ers. You name it, he called me it. Then he pulls out a hammer and starts to wave it around, tellin me to pull over. Yeah right, a fly can take me these days. He then picks up something else, but, I have no idea what it was. He then grabs one of those water bottles, and flings it at me.

It hits #3 with a nice loud thud, at the back door, about 3" below the window, the bottle splatters all over. Man, it coulda hit the back window and broke it. Aleasha was back there, than ASSWHOLE! If he'd of hurt my baby, well, anywho, we're still driving.This is nuts. What am I gonna do, kill this guy? For splashing water on my D, and callin me names? Nobody was hurt. Thank God.

I know that I'm a much better driver, hell, I've been to several special driving schools. I do keep in practice as much as I can. That little D has enough weight and power to do him MAJOR damage. Amywho, I wanted to end this crap, so I blew him a few kisses, and told him how cute he was. He [B/FREAKED![/B] Didn't know what to do. So, I drove on, with him behind me, and I let him know that, that was where he was staying.

Then it dawned on me. Ethan had a camcorder. We had just got it for him (a late B-Day present). I had him turn it on and start tapin. Just in case this guy acted up again. I guess that freaked the punk out even more, seein the camara. Then, I called the coppers. Hell, I was pissed about him almost hurtin my baby. Like I said, I'd a killed him.

The cops told me to come to the station. As it turned out, this guy also called the coppers, and they told him to come in too. Now it's time to really scare the punk. Bummer, he never showed up, and the truck he was drivin was registered to some company. Oh yeah, another bummer. I looked at the spot where the water bottle hit. Yep, there was a nice little dent/ding there. SNIFF I just turned 2300 miles on #3, and it's got another owwy. The others you can't see, they're on the bottom of the rear bumper.

The copper said that this guy's company has to pay for the damage, especially since he took off. Hit & run Baby! I'll post a picture tomorrow. The copper also said that he'd be off for a couple o days, so I should get action by then. I'll keep ya all posted, and try not to write a novel that time.

Later
Ugg