Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-17-2001, 08:36 PM
Inactive User

Default Kenne Bell supercharger

Will be installing a KB supercharger next month on my 2002 RT. Any one here have any tips or advice? Also adding headers & exhaust. Any thoughts on using shorty headers verses traditional headers and having to remove the pre cats? I can't wait to do a 4 wheel smokey burnout!....... Well maybe not. Thank's.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:51 PM
Inactive User

Couple of suggestions for you on the KB.

First, you need to be very sure you want to do this. There are a lot of opposing opinions out there on superchargers on the 360 in general and the KB unit in particular. Visits to the Durango Owners Club site and Dakota Mailing List should give you a pretty thorough view of this subject.

I have their unit on a 98 5.2 DAK 4X4 w/ a 5 spd. Don't think I got more than about 75 more horses and had to live w/ a preboost lean burn condition for about a year. Lean burn was solved w/ the addition of more fuel through the addition of a Hypertec computer.

Also you might want to spring for professional installation of the unit. It is a real bear to get right. Also it will help you with KB if there are any problems. Their first response to most service calls are "you have an install problem." Also they seem to be very hard to get on phone in the first place.

They have an add on called the "Big Gulp" option that you might want to seriously consider. It gives you a larger TB and inlet pipe, smaller pully, reprogrammed "Optimizer" and a few other goodies. It was worth the money at about $250. Don't know what they charge now.

Lastly, I would be careful in getting boost above 9 lbs. That seems to be the max limit for the 360.

Let us know what you do as I also have an O2 R/T and have not decided if I want to go the KB route again.