Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-18-1999, 06:01 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

the paint on my 94 dodge dakota started to peel off after only 7 monthes of owning it \ the dealer ship would not do anything they told me tuff luck , its now been 5 years and half the paint on my car is now falling off , what a cheap ass paint job

i was wondering if anyone else has a problem like this? please email me and tell me what happend at STONECOLDDAN7@AOL.COM
Old 10-19-1999, 06:48 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Sounds like you are a victom of the galvanized primer blues. The factories went to a galvanized primer in an effort to cut down on rustout. The only problem with it was that it wasen't rough enough and the finish coats of paint had nothing to grab on to so they peeled off like crazy. Sounds like you diden't holler near enough 'cause dodge should have given you a repaint. If that truck had been mine they would have been combing me out of thier hair until they repainted the truck to MY satisfaction.

The Old Hippie Hisself
Old 10-20-1999, 01:54 AM
Inactive User

My sister had a similar problem with her 92 Sundance.The dealer did repaint the whole car free of charge.The district rep told me it was due to a usage of water based paint on her car from the factory.And the Hippie is right,you didn't yell loud enough.