Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-03-2001, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

I am thinking about removing the A/C system from the Charger. I want to keep all of the components in the event I decide to return the car to retore the car to original condition. What is the best way to go about doing this? The system is still fully charged with the "new" freon replacement. What is the best way to store the components so they are free of moisture- seal them in plastic? What do I need to watch out for in terms of my electrical system? I want the keep the original wiring but don't want to have it cluttering up the engine compartment.. also, what is the best way to seal up the lines coming out of the firewall so they don't any get moisture in them? Is there any performance improvement by removing the system & not having to turn turn the compressor? I figure it has to be worth something. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2001, 02:02 PM
Inactive User

Storing the components is not a problem. Get some corks to put in the hose ends and then tape over them. That will help keep moisture out. Any hole or port that is open to the atmosphere you should seal. Don't worry about any oil that comes out, you will drain and replace the oil supply when you decide to install the system again. Make sure you have a service manual, it explains how to do this. Since you have R-134 instead of R-12 the volumn is different for both oil and freon. I hope you saved that information when you had it switched. Weight is the advantage of removing the a/c components.

------------------