Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-30-2001, 03:07 AM
Inactive User

Default Hey, Guess What?

Howdy All:

I was just watchin TV, MSNBC. They had this hour long segment. This reporter had been traveling all across Afganistan. It was her journal. They were drivin over these so called roads. The Norther Alliance guys in their donated Toy's, and her and her grew in a, you'll probably guess this by now, Yep, your right, A DURANGO!!!!!! A freakin silver D. At one point, they had to crank it over this section of road. You should have seen and heard this D catch up to, and almost climb over the ass-end of that little Toy. The looks and smiles, and laughs that came over the guys in the back of the Toy.

I think she said that it was armored too. From the little bit that they showed it, it looked like it was set-up pretty neat too. Nope, no running boards. Wow. Just an FYI.

Later
Ugg
Old 12-30-2001, 10:09 AM
Regular Guy

That's cool, wonder if was an American spec or not. Europe has some cool vehicles we don't see in America, in Sep 1999, I was a little north of Skopje, Macedonia with the military and saw a crew cab (4-door) Toyota Hi-Lux (Tacoma in America) 2.4 Turbo Diesel. We didn't see the Crew cab here until 2001.

In late 96/early 97 I was seeing the Open Kadett in Germany which GM brought over in 98 as the Cadillac Catera.