Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Banned

Default Made In China

Today's headline on our local TV Channel..

"China will have 75-100 Nukes pointed at the USA by 2015"

Many performance parts are now made or contain strong Chinese content, Check the package, ask the question and spend your hard earned money for your parts accordingly.

Nuff said............
Old 01-10-2002, 12:54 PM

You may not want to check the computer you are on this minute,it is probably 98% chinese too. It is a given that parts will be made offshore if a union machine operator is demanding 26 bucks an hour. I am all for free trade. May the best performing part win, USA or foreign. You should see some of the crud coming out of the import market, if it doesnt perform, it is going to sit on a shelf costing the vendor american taxes every year. The free economy will weed out the weak. This sounds like NAFTA propoganda...
Old 01-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Banned

I too agree with free trade but I have a problem with trading with countries that steal our technology, hold our citizens hostage and then turn around and point nukes at us.

I built this computer myself and took special care in choosing parts and components that are made anywhere but in China whenever possible.

I have nothing against the Chinese people, just the political ambitions and objectives of their Leaders.

This trading policy has bit us in the butt several times in recent years....Panama, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, The Falklands and more, I just don't want to be a part this, it's my opinion, I hope I'm wrong, but I am entitled to it as an American.

I will continue to avoid buying anything made in China whenever possible and sending my hard earned dollars to them which inevidably supports their military programs and as I said in my previous post...nuff said,
I'm going to unsubscribe from this post as I don't wish to post any further comments, I'm not looking for an arguement, just stating a fact.

Thanks
Don
Old 01-11-2002, 12:01 AM
Inactive User

this made in china thing has been bugging me for a few years now! do this, go through your house, check some of your everyday items, coffee cups, lamps, computer components, your kids latest greatest toys, etc..... made in china? or taiwan(republic of china). many of the products produced in china are produced by the chinese military and directly fund the chinese military defense ask yourself this question when the year 2015 arrives......how many of those nukes did i help to build??!!

it's scary folks!
Old 01-11-2002, 12:21 AM

If that's been proven the US should have nukes pointed at them in 2014.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:38 AM
Inactive User

we do
Old 01-11-2002, 02:50 AM
Inactive User

You are still selling some stuff out of US, aren't you? I mean your politics acts are not thayt far away from the ones from China, all over the world. And just like you, the Chinese think they are right too.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:48 AM
Inactive User

Some very emotional comments here, facts are most of the free world fly American aircraft military, commercial passenger and cargo, we also export billions of dollars of war material to foreign countries. With airplanes selling for millions of dollars per copy you have to purchase a lotta sneakers and stereos to equal the cost of one emgine. Chrysler,Ford and GM assemble cars in Canada. Chrysler is now owned by Mercedes. Ford owns Jaguar has part interest in Mazda. Toyota, Honda and other manufacturers build cars in the USA. The Chinese buy and fly the Boeing 747s. The real question is where do you draw the line and where is our economy adversly efffected. Let the politicians work out those problems and leave us to enjoy our Mopars.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:01 AM
Inactive User

Yes, looking at the whole thing it's such a messy soup that at least I can't say what is the truth and what isn't.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Inactive User

Well , I try to buy as much that is made in America as I can. I can tell you this , that I will not own a foreign car unless it is given to me. I will turn around and sell it to buy more American Iron. I don't care if you people think that they will run forever! so will American cars if you take care of them. I would rather drive a 20year old car that has less creature comforts than to drive the foreign crap! Another thing that kills me is all these people driving there foreign cars with American flags posted all over them. Is that hippocritical or what? Just my opinion.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Inactive User

My first post on the mopar bord and it has to be of the political nature. 26$ and hour for a union machinst? try 30$ an hour. And worth much much more!!! Sound like a true business owner that thinks only a few people should make any money. If it was not for MY Union Job I could not afford to race My big block mopar with the peanuts most of these companys are paying. Live better work UNION!
Old 01-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Inactive User

Unfortunately it seems most companies look at the bottom dollar more than keeping American jobs, I'm a machinist and work for a place that makes a lot of pump parts among other things, and one of our customers has started buying Chinese made pump castings because they can get them much cheaper, but the quality is terrible, you should see some of these castings, but even so they have hired a guy that inspects these castings 100% and rejects about 30-40% of them due to bad machine work or flawed castings, but even then it is a lot cheaper for them to buy oversees and throw away 30-40% of them than it is to get them made here!!