Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts Wanted > Front Wheel Drive - Parts Wanted

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Inactive User

Default 1986 Laser/Daytona hood

I am looking for a 1986 Laser hood. Prefer a flat one with no vents, but would consider a turbo hood if that is a ll I can find. I may be able to use one from an 84 or 85 Laser or Daytona, but the hood latch does not line up, and I would have to get custom. I would definitely prefer a 1986 vintage hood if possible, and preferrably as close to the Chicagoland area as possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:26 PM
Inactive User

Default hood

I have an 86 turbo hood. white in color. have not seen too many non turbo hods down here in north Florida. I'm parting my car out, wife say's i have too many toys!!!!
Old 02-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Inactive User

I was hoping for something a bit closer, but who knows, maybe the shipping would not be that bad. It sounds scary though. What would you want for the hood, and what condition is it in?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Tom Lockwood
Old 02-12-2002, 11:07 PM
Inactive User

Default hood shape!

the hood has a few ripples at the differnet angles
nothing major. I'm thinking the shipping would be around 50-80. my bed cover for my truck is quite
bigger and it cost 75. have you looked at checkforparts.com, I'm not sure if that site is still up and running. you may find one closer to you.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Inactive User

This may seem unrelated to my original post, but why not ask. You say you are parting out a 1986 Daytona? Is it a turbo car? 5 speed or automatic? Was it pretty loaded? I am looking for the wiring harness under the hood. It starts at the bulkhead connector behind the master cylinder, and runs all over the place under the hood. Actually, I have never followed it, but I assume it runs all over the place under there. I really could use one. An idiot with a mig welder burned the you know what out of mine. And that is small enough that shipping should be pretty reasonable from anywhere...
Old 02-18-2002, 11:33 PM
Inactive User

Default wire harness

the car is a 2.2 turbo, if you want it i'll try to remove it. that's alot of wire. I think I know the one your talking about we'll have to trade pictures so that I get out the correct one. also its a 5 speed. I think it was pretty loaded for that year of car.(electric locks/windows/drivers seat)
Old 02-19-2002, 03:31 AM
Inactive User

Default Daytona/Laser wiring

That sounds great. Mine is a loaded 5 speed turbo car. I spoke to a friend of mine today that is a parts manager at a Chrysler dealer, and he said the only two versions (for turbos) are for with and without the "Message Center". Mine has the trip computer at the top of the dash, but does not have the thing that tells you when you need brake pads and stuff like that. I think that is the message center. Does yours have that?

If yours sounds like a match with mine, I definitely want it. Unless you want a fortune for it, that is. It starts behind the driver's side strut tower at the firewall. There is a great big connector that goes through the firewall right there. It is three inches square, at least. There is a bolt in the middle of it that holds it to the connector on the other side of the firewall. You will have to remove the clutch cable bracket from the strut tower, then use a socket and extension to loosen the bolt. I think it is captive in the connector, so it will not come out. Then you should be able to pull that connector out of the firewall and start unraveling it from the front end of the car. Honestly, I have never followed it. Mine is burned right where it lays on the firewall. This guy was welding the firewall from the inside of the car, and burned it up. It is the main harness in the front end of the car though. I suspect every wire in the front of the car is either part of it, or plugged into it.

Let me know if this is not a good enough description, and I will get a better look at it, and maybe snap some candid photos...

Does yours have a factory sunroof? Mine does, and the headliner is broken in two. If you have the right one, I may be interested in your headliner. I was taking mine out, and it just snapped in two. Because of the sunroof, the sides are pretty thin, and they just broke.

Is yours a Laser or Daytona? I never asked...

Thanks for getting back to me again.

Tom Lockwood
tlockwood@tbcnet.com
Old 02-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Inactive User

Default wire harness

the car is a daytona. I do not have the message center. It has the trip/clock thing. I do know what connector that you are talking about. I went and looked at it last night. I don't think it will be that hard to follow. just take some time to get it out. as far as the headliner I have T-tops.
Once the other half gets home I'll go out and take another look, I've got the youngster. I'll check back later.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Inactive User

Hi,

I waited a while to see if you would come up with that wiring harness we were talking about, but I have not heard back in a while. Were you ever able to get it removed from the car? Is it still possible that I could get it? Thanks in advance.

Tom Lockwood