Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Inactive User

Default phoenix racers, when and where.

I noticed lately that there are a fair amout of pheonix area mopar fans on here. Where do you race at and when ? I generally go to firebird lake on friday nights and occasionally make it out to
speedworld motorplex on friday or saturday night. has anybody been down to southwestern International Raceway? maybe we could all get together some night and blow all of the ricer crap and brand x-ers away.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:39 PM
Inactive User

hey,

a hemi guy told me speedworld was the place to be on friday's. usually ricers take it over on wednesday. i used to go to firebird on fridays, there were always a couple mopars there but you can only get a few runs in.

matt
Old 01-18-2002, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Default Mopar Shootout Southwest

If you want to go down to Tucson to Southwestern Raceway, plan on the Mopar Shootout Southwest. This year it is March 16 and 17. Sponsored by Maurers Performance and Earnhardts.

http://www.sirace.com/aschedule/special/mopar.htm
Old 01-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Inactive User

Default Bring your Mopar, bring your mopar people...

... bring your food cause I'm bringing the grill!! Mopar Shootout is a good time. It's no Mopar Nationals, but it is the show we have and I highly recommend it. Lots of good mopar people. Also if you are into drag racing and race in the Phoenix area Team Mopar needs your help! Go to http://www.outrunu.com/
and sign up for the hot teams heads up racing series. We need to topple the evil Phord empire.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

J-Body,
Love to come down to the mopars southwest shootout I will tell my brother hopefully he will have his 72 satellite going again by then, I will be coming in my 78 aspen wagon(E-58/998
combo. thats a 360 police mill for those of you that don't know)
as for joining your race team I will seriously look into it would really enjoy nuking some 5.0's back into the stone age.
Mopower 2 ya guys
Valiant one
Old 01-20-2002, 12:29 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I went to the Mopar Shootout Southwest last year, and will DEFINATELY be back this year! I'm hoping to take the Cuda over and see what it will do on the track. The swapmeet was kinda disappointing last year, but the racing was great!
Old 01-20-2002, 02:26 AM
Inactive User

I just moved to the area, so the only track I knew of was Firebird. I usually go there on Fridays, Saturdays I go to the Pavillions for the car show. If you let me know where ad when I'll go with ya. Maby I'll bring out the Barracuda, depending on the temp I have no climate controls in the car, but more than likely I'll be in the Dak.
Email me @ CrazyMoparGirl@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

Default S.I.R. in Tucson

Valiantone, I got an Aspen wagon that should make you flip. Class legal K/SA-270/360. Goes 12.30's with the bracket motor @ 3700 lbs. Race season starts in 2 weeks. Come on down. clonestocker
Old 01-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Inactive User

Just to let everyone know who is new to the area or has not made it down to tucson raceway, the location of the track is at the fairgrounds. Take I-10 to Houghton (east of tucson) turn right go about 1mi the track is on the right.

Sat & Sun 16th&17th March

Big barbecue on sat (try to bring something)
look for the Moparts and Moparchat get together.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

Hey Nick! Got your car together yet?
Old 01-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Inactive User

Me and the hubby will be there. I'll drive the Dak, he'll drive the Barracuda, and we are trying to get his buddy from work to bring his Challenger. Too bad our Newport isn't done. That would be a sight to see.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyMoparGirl
Me and the hubby will be there. I'll drive the Dak, he'll drive the Barracuda, and we are trying to get his buddy from work to bring his Challenger. Too bad our Newport isn't done. That would be a sight to see.
Click on the link in my name to see the Convert. Restoration started by an insurance claim
Old 01-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Inactive User

J-Body - not yet, I can only wish for it to be done...

Crazy - we will see you there...

RB - nice car...
Old 01-23-2002, 12:22 AM
Inactive User

Default FYI...

The best deal in lodging I have found is the Marriots Courtyard. You can contact Kristina during the day and get a racer rate of $59.00. Best Western also had a racer rate listed on the SIR web site, but they wouldn't honor it when I called ($109.00 a NIGHT! ). After contacting SIR I found they have a contract with Courtyard and Best Western for this rate, so the price at the BW may have been adjusted.

Marriots Courtyard 520-573-0000 (Kristina)
Best Western 800-772-3847
Old 01-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

Clonestocker,
that sounds like quite a wagon I hope that I can get my aspen to go that fast one day.. its just a daily driver for now as I have to finish school before I can really start to have "fun" with it sounds like there is going to be quite caravan down for the event
Old 01-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Inactive User

I went to Tus last year by myself and actually had a great time. I think it was on sat. I will be going again and might be bringing the belv if the paint is done and I have it put together. Speed world is where I have been. I went on a wed last year but haven't been back. I changed my motor and evrything else but I will be back out in the twelves kickin ass on the rice burners. I cant wait. I have a friend with very good connections if anyone wants parts cars etc. If you see a 66 belv II daffodil yellow with black racing stripes, and a 6" cowl hood thats me it's hard to miss.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:59 AM
Inactive User

This is it:

Southwest Mopar Shootout is held this year at Southwestern International Raceway "SIR"
on March 16th and 17th, 2002. See the link for further info about the track....
http://www.sirace.com/

Attention: Last year Moparts was represented with at least 15 cars and my big appetite.
We had a barbecue and it was a great time.
This year we are excpecting larger gathering of Moparts members and I have been contacted by several Moparchat members that say they will be there also. See you there.....

Who will be going??????
Old 02-10-2002, 02:43 PM
Inactive User

Default moparts/moparchat members

We pitted at about the 1/8th mile last year. Maybe Nick can have a sign made up this year (HINT HINT!!)
Old 02-10-2002, 02:50 PM
Inactive User

I'm going, aside from work or a family emergency nothing can keep me from a good car show.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

Default See Ya There!

I'll see all you fine folks in Tucson!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Inactive User

The car is loaded and I am packing the rest of the stuff tommorow night so I can leave friday morning and take my time on the 6hr drive. Sounds like the weather is going to be nice. See you there. I have the 1980 white Mirada so stop by and say hello!
Old 03-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Inactive User

Angry

unfortunately, I guess I'm going to get to come down to tucson and hang with you all.. the 360 sucked a valve and I will be busy
swapping heads and praying that the piston wasn't damaged Good luck to everyone going down sounds like quite a time and as usual I am going to miss it. by the way if someone out there is building a smallblock do yourself a favor and get some steel retainers preferably with 10 degree keeper angle and through those stockers as far as you can
Michael Valiant One