Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Neon Club Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Default CAI?, do you get what you pay for?

Hi, I was wondering if there is a major difference between AEM Iceman/mopar CAI and the cheap ones you can pick up on eBay. I'm not really looking to make a track car, just looking for an improvment over the stock air intake.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 01-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Inactive User

yeah the major differnence is that the most of those "cold air intakes" selling on ebay really replace the stock air tube and the filter goes right over the exhaust manifold making it a hot air intake, your better off getting the real deal,www.racesearch.com are selling iceman's for $135 which is good deal.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Inactive User

Default cai

just replacing the stock air filter will get you some power. i replaced the stocker on my 2001 with a cheap APC Intimidator (24.99 at pep boys) universal cone filter and got slight (but definetly noticeable) h.p. and torque gains. some people have removed the intake snorkel (inside the fender on my 2001) and i would think doing this and the filter would probably come close to equaling any gain you would get from a CAI.(on a mostly stock car.) if you go a bigger throttle body, a CAI would probably do more, but my personal opinion is " my way is cheaper" ...just a thought...