Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-13-1999, 08:03 PM
1998 Ram

I would like some info. on how to get my truck to haul a$$. I have a stock 5.2L engine. I have set aside a large sum of money to do this project so if u have any ideas let me know, thanx.
p.s. I do mean any ideas
Old 06-13-1999, 11:01 PM
Christopher

Look at some of the other posts that are similar to what your running.I've advised other people that the Mopar stuff in the book are pretty good parts,as I have installed them on customers trucks before.There are also aftermarket stuff out there too.It all depends on how fast you want to go and how much $$$$ you want to spend.
Old 06-16-1999, 05:36 PM
1998 Ram

i have as much money as needed, and i want to go as fast as possible street legal

Old 06-17-1999, 12:16 AM
ncarnes

Well your asking alot! I mean if you have a much money and all you require is street legal there is tons of things you can do. A blower is an easy choice. I suggest Golden West Performance as they use ATI's Intercooled procharger and its a perfect direct bolt in, no drilling at all. I am planning on one of these my self. This thing can easliy build 500+hp out of a 360 so that will make it quick but if you really want go fast as you say you do, then a phone call to John Hennessey is the only answer. I hear he can retro fit a viper engine into a ram truck and it will work as if it were the factory engine. I also hear that Mopar is working on a kit to bolt in a Hemi in a Ram or Dakota and this would probably be the ultimate setup. Either the Viper V-10 of the Hemi could easliy produce power in the 600 range and for less than $20000. I personally feel(and I am going to get slammed for saying this cause I own a 1996 Indy Ram) that if you want to go as fast as you are talking about you just plop down the money for a CAR! and quit playing with a truck. My Indy will probably run in the low 15's maybe even high 14's but for the same money I could have my Duster running 10's completely street legal. I love my truck too and don't want it to be a slouch but why spend $15000 or more on the truck when you could get a heck of a car for that. Just my oppinion! :-) Good luck with whatever you decide.