Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dodge Viper Chat...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-25-2002, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

Default This place needs a boost.

or some nitrous or something. Geesh. haha
Old 01-26-2002, 05:46 PM

Bring some of your friends over here to join the party. Plenty of room for all
Old 01-27-2002, 10:58 AM
Inactive User

I would but I don't have any friends. hahahaha
Old 01-27-2002, 11:13 AM

Good reply, far be it from the truth though......
Old 01-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Inactive User

See, I invited all 3 of my friends and no one came. They aren't even friends. ahhahahaha J/K.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:27 PM
Inactive User

Norman:

You aren't kidding...

Brad
Old 02-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Inactive User

How about a picture since nothing is happening over here.

Old 02-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

They need to sell more Vipers so there would be a large collection of people in the "More Money than sense" club.
Oh and has anyone seen or heard(sp?) much on the next gens newer design?

MW
Old 02-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Inactive User

The 03 SRT/10 should be pretty close to how it looks at the auto shows. Chrysler has admitted that they need to do some minor changes but won't tell us. Chrysler also stated that they do not have any plans on making a new generation GTS/Coupe. That's about all I know.

Here is another shot of the Viper and its "So Called" Competition.

Old 02-09-2002, 01:35 AM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up Performin Norman -

I saw your Viper's photo at VCA & I think it is the best color combination that I have ever seen on a Viper. Is the more like the bottom photo (with the Vette) or like the top photo? (I like the bottom photo's colors better.)

I'm a little too tall to fit in the GTS (not enough headroom), so I'm planning on getting a Ram SRT-10 when they come out. I hope they offer a 3rd color - bright Silver so I can have some Blue stripes painted on it like you-know who's Viper.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Kenny,

The car looks like the top photo when there is less light and like the bottom one when it is very bright out. Kinda wierd.

I drove to Woodhouse Dodge to order and view a Steel Gray car with stripes. When I got there, this car just stunned my wife and I. That's why I bought it used. Had 3600 miles on it when I bought it.

Old 02-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up Performin' Norman -

Thanks for some photos of your Viper. Do you know the actual names of the colors on it?

The Ram SRT-10 is supposed to come in Arrest-Me Red or Stealthy Black and possibly a 3rd yet to be named color. I drive slightly too fast to be driving an eye catching (radar catching, too) red vehicle and black looks nice, but it would absorb a lot of heat from the sun - I'd prefer the silver or steel gray that you have and have blue stripes painted or have it come in something like Atlantic Blue.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Performin Norman
The 03 SRT/10 should be pretty close to how it looks at the auto shows. Chrysler has admitted that they need to do some minor changes but won't tell us. Chrysler also stated that they do not have any plans on making a new generation GTS/Coupe. That's about all I know.

Here is another shot of the Viper and its "So Called" Competition.

Hey Norm:

What do you know aboutthe rumor that DC is going to make some changes to the SRT-10 because all a significant percentage of us Viper owners hate the new style? I for one am not going to be ordering the SRT-10. Honda should sue DC for stealing the design from their S2000.

Brad

PS: I'm partial to blue/white Snakes...
Old 02-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Blue and white is beautiful. I almost bought one at woodhouse but they wouldn't give me a warranty with it. There was a 97 there with less than 2000 miles on it.

Rumor says that they will make MINOR changes to the 03 before release but I think it will be ever so slight and will not make you or I happy with the car. I think they made a step forward in performance but a step backwards in styling. I WILL envy those who have the new one for a short time because it will be new and different. YOu and I will have the best looking Vipers of 3 generations.
Old 02-10-2002, 01:04 AM
Inactive User

Norm:

Excellant points, I only wish that it wasn't true. DC really missed the boat on the SRT-10. There is nothing subtle that can be changed to make me NOT think that this was designed by a Ricer.

I have contemplating posting some pretty detailed shots of the SRT versus the S2000 design points. I think that if I put it on the VCA board that they would find some reason to lock it down.

What do you think of the hennessey action with the GTS guy named Taig? Do you think that Hennessey will ever go down, or is he a clone of the teflon President Slick Willie?

Your silver and blue combo is stunning. The special edition that the VCA are auctioning off looks very cool Daytona blue with silver stripes...

Take care,

Brad
Old 02-10-2002, 01:15 AM
Inactive User

I think that the SRT/10 will NEVER be a living legend like the current models.

As far as the other guy. hahahaa I can't believe anyone would buy from him with the tons of negative information on the internet. I don't think he will ever be caught. He is a very smart, very highly compensated and very intelligent crook. Notice I didn't put anyones name here. hahahaa

BTW, I've thought of posting side by side, multiangle views of the two cars also but it will not go over so well over on the VCA board.
Old 02-10-2002, 01:32 AM
Inactive User

You crack me up Norm!

What's wrong, do you think that Henessey will do something... like sending his alter-ego GTSR45?

See ya,

Brad
Old 02-10-2002, 11:48 AM
Inactive User

I am just very careful, thank you. hahahhaa

Is it nice enough to take out the V10 today? It is cold and flurrying here in KC. No fun stuff for me. I haven't driven anything fun going on two weeks tomorrow. Bummer man.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Inactive User

Norm:

It was in the mid-80's today in parts of LA. Damion (Maxwedge) and I went on a exotic car cruise up to Santa Barbara with a bunch of Diablos, Corvettes and Audi's for brunch. There were no cops in site for the entire run and the weather was perdect.

Unfortunately for me, my detonation problems are pretty bad. I am running out of options for my Snake. If the next couple of things don't work, I am sure that the engine will have to be pulled and sent back to Arrow Racing.

I will post some pics of the exotic cruise shortly.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:04 AM
Inactive User

Yeee haaaa Cruising weather. We got some of that here today.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

If you ever make it out to LA norman you will have to look Brad(Viper10) and myself up!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

I used to travel out there every other week for work. I haven't been there in many moons. hahaha Same for you guys if you ever make it to our humble KC area.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:23 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

While unlikely (If I had money..or ANY money...Id come out)..maybe if Brad gets the Aftermarket Parts Company(Icon Engineering) off the ground.. We could stop by and say hey...
MW
Old 03-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Inactive User

Norman,

I notice in your pics of the Vette and Viper you call the Vette "so called competition"...is yours a 2001 or 2002 Z06? If it's a 2002 you HAVE to admit the Z06 is a better car. I mean for $20K less you get a faster/better handling car.

If it's a 2001, I can see where one looks at 0-60 and 1/4 speeds (NOONE can achieve their top speeds unless U have access to a track) and would like the Viper. Could you answer the following?

If you had to sell one of the cars what would it be?
If you were to take a 500 miles trip which car would you take (thinking comfort)?
Being 6'5 245lbs I sat in a 2001 Vette and thought it had the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I have not sat in a Viper to copare though....which is more comfortable?

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-03-2002, 12:40 AM
Plutonium Member

Default Mike -

I tried sitting in the new Vettes and I had about 2-3" more head than head room in the coupe and I had no head room problem in the convertible with the top up, but my eyes only could see the top of the windshield and the first 10 feet in front of the Vette. The seats were comfortable, though. I'm 6'5" and 330 pounds, but I have short legs and a long torso.

I had more head room in a Viper GTS, but my head was 1/2" taller than the roof. I also saw I wouldn't be able to see very far in front of the Viper because, again my eyes were at the level of the top of the windshield.

Sometimes I envy short peeps.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:01 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

there are a couple mods that can be done to Vipers for this. REmoving the seat netting at the bottom of the cuson drops the seating position about an inch. ANd there are also some lower rails that can be installed that also will lower the seating positon I think about 1 inch. I have alot of time in both cars(as a passenger..regrettably)...both are pretty smooth and comfortable. But Im just 5'11" and not close to 220....
anyway both are pretty cool...
MW
Old 03-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxwedge
While unlikely (If I had money..or ANY money...Id come out)..maybe if Brad gets the Aftermarket Parts Company(Icon Engineering) off the ground.. We could stop by and say hey...
MW
I am almost totally unbiased. So here is my response.

My Z is an 02. It is a great car but it is no Viper. PERIOD. Most Chevy folks love to push the comfort issue. Yup, the Vette is more comfortable for short and long trips. PERIOD. But, Chrysler made the Viper to be a factory racer that brings back, back to basics concepts. They hit the nail on the head. It is kind of funny how chevy lovers always compare features like cup holders on their vettes to the Viper's lack thereof.

I absolutely love my Viper but wish they had put a couple of features on it that the Vette has.

If I could only have one and it was a daily driver, I would pick the Vette.

If I didn't have to sell anything and could keep the Viper as a pleasure car, I would have it.

Sometimes it is not about the money, sometimes it is about the car. I know a lot of Ferrari owners that have cars that are not near the performance vehicle as my Viper but I respect the reasons they chose their car over the Viper. I try not to talk money and cars, I paid a ton for my 71 Cuda 440 6 pack vert and know it can't hang with my Vette, Viper or some of my other cars. I didn't buy it solely for performance. I bought it for my pleasure.

I drive the Z as my daily driver. I absolutely love the car. Every time I get out of it, I have a huge smile on my face. Every time I drive the Viper, I have a huge smile on my face. That is the important part, gotta buy the car that you will like the most.

If you are a show boat, the Viper has the gawk factor by 10 fold or more.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

Appreciate the honesty! So when can I come for a ride?

Mike
Old 03-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by BadChariot
Appreciate the honesty! So when can I come for a ride?

Mike
N E time you are in the KC area! That is a standing invitation.