Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-25-1999, 04:36 AM
Inactive User

Question

Has anyone tried roller rockers on the 5.9(99)? Isnt the cam a roller? Is the stock rockers 1.5 or 1.6 or ?? Who makes them? How Much?

I also will be getting a Kenne Bell air filter which I am told is a true cold air box with a "ram air" feature. Has anyone tried this?

Nick
Old 08-25-1999, 05:23 AM
Inactive User

WASFORD,

I tried the Kenne Bell system on my 98 Sport w/360.....the system is well.....a piece of junk. For $199, it didn't fit well leaked at the throttle body. I opted for the K&N Gen II cool intake...it was recommended by Dick Landy (a long time, well known and respected Mopar drag king). And for $209, was a steal when you look at the workmanship vs the Kenne Bell system.
Old 08-25-1999, 07:44 PM
Inactive User

The cam is a roller, but this refers to the rollers on the bottom of the lifters that ride on the camshaft. 1.6 rockers will open the valves further, like a high lift cam shaft. Roller rockers have rollers on there tip where they contact the valve, I see Mopar Perf even has roller push rods for your engine, rollers where the push rod contacts the back of the rocker. Pretty cool stuff, Do the cam shaft change as well if you are going to all this trouble. In the parts section of the Mopar Perf catalog you will find a degree wheel for center lining new cam shafts on installation, insist this be used if you get a new cam, or be sure to use it your self if you tackle this job. LOL