Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-10-2002, 04:09 AM
Inactive User

Default New Discovery!

Howdy All:

I just made an exciting new discovery on #3 today. To be perfectly honest with everybody, I wasn't to happy with #3 after I got it. I kept finding all these things that DC did to our D's in the name of cost cutting. Also, it just didn't measure up to my (sniff) 99 (sniff). Now there was a ride that a man could be proud of. Why did I have to go and kill it?

#3's just been a money pit since I got it. Hell, I'm still waiting to settle with the insurance company, so I'm making these big monster payments. (My (sniff) 99 (sniff) was all paid off.) Now their tellin me that Kelly's Blue Book is a wishful thinking book. I told them that what their guy said was I would get the Kelly price for it, so that's what I based my purchase price on #3.

Well, there's a difference of 8K from what they want to give me, and what Kellys said it was worth. Shit, I only had 13K on it when I killed it. I was more anal with that one than #3, and I'm pretty damn anal with #3. Ask Suz. My (sniff) 99 (sniff) was the first new car that either Suz or myself had ever had in or lives. The1st! Hell, I'm gonna be 50 this year. I NEVER spent more that 4K on a car in my LIFE before!

Oh yeah, this discovery I made today. One of the things that I was bitchin about besides the no paint in the engine compartment, or the removal of cup holders for the backseat passengers was the fact that there was no coin holder. There was this thing in the center consol that looked like they (DC) though of putting the coin holder, but changed their minds. I had tried puttin coins in there, but they'd slide out as soon as I put them in.

Now I've had #3 since last July. Well, I was sittin in #3, after the dentist just yanked a tooth, having a cig, when I started , well, just futzin around. Know what I mean? I goes to the almost finished coin holder, and I take some coins out of my pocket, and well, SON OF A BITCH, the coins fit in, and they even stay there. I don't believe it! After all this time, bitchin and complainin, it's there, right in front of me all the time.

Later
Ugg
Old 02-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Regular Guy

Ugg, my 99 has one of those spring loaded coin holders in the center console. I hate rattling coins so this is nice.

BTW, you need to find a new insurance company. If you are a veteran, I would recommend USAA, one of the top companies out there.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Inactive User

KeV:

Thanks for the info. Yes I am a veteran, but I usually tell people that I was a Camp Fire Girl when asked, otherwise I get those stupid questions, of which the answers are nobodys business unless I chose to tell them. Stuff like "Did ya ever kill someone"?, "How'd it feel" and the like. So how does one get in touch with this USAA? The thing is, I've had a claim in the last 3 years, so that means a higher rate.

I was looking for, and expecting a spring loaded coin holder too. After all, that's what I had before in my old D. I never saw any of these types before. They're weird. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I'm up to it. It's rough over here at the Ugg Household right now. This F'n weather has gone hatwire. Yeasterday it was in the upper 50's, and today we're getting rain & snow mixed.

Hell, It should be all snow and in the upper 20's now. I'll bet your askin yourself, why is he bitchin? The reason my friend, is the Critter Kids. When you mix this kinda weather like this and dogs, you get []MUD![/B] Lots of it too. Ya let the critters out, and they bring it back with them. You can only wipe them off so good. Ya think that you get it all, and let them in, and SURPRISE! They hid some, and you discover it as they leave a trail when they come in. YUCK!

If it wasn't for my neighbor, I could of had my mudroom up, and wouldn't have this problem. My design had a place for me to be able to hose them off. It's much easier to deal with wet dogs then muddy ones. Hell, I coulda had it up in 1 day. Why can't people leave ya alone? I've just about mopped off the pattern from the floor tiles, and they're ceramic.

Later
Ugg