Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-28-1999, 07:06 PM
Inactive User

Question

I'm looking into buying a Jeep Grand Wagoneer soon and am completely new to this. I have a few questions which I was wondering if anyone could help me with. The mother of a friend of mine from school has a mid to late 80's wagoneer that had an engine fire about a year ago. They never looked into getting it fixed, and it's just been parked since then, in their driveway. I can probably get it REALLY cheap. I don't know how much damage there is to the engine or anything. As far as body work, he said that the hood probably needs to be replaced, but that's it. As for my questions...

How much does it cost to get a new engine put in? Where should I look into getting that kind of work done. I live in Charlotte, NC, so if anyone knows of anybody in the area, I'd appreciate it. If the fire didn't do TOO much damage, would it be worth it to rebuild the engine? Essentially, what I'm looking to have is a VERY RELIABLE grand wagoneer.

Any help that anybody can give me about the engine, or grand wagoneers in general, would be greatly appreciated! Please e-mail me directly w/ any suggestions!

Thanks,

-Jake
NFTYguy@hotmail.com