Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-02-1999, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

i am gonna list all expected modifications and i want some replies on expected hp, torque, and possibly 1/4 mile times.....
the truck is a 1988 jeep comanche truck with a 3.07 rearend...i am installing a pre magnum 318 bored .030 over, 360 heads, headers, a performance cam (grind unknown but PAW said it is slightly more radical that a stock 340 cam) edelbrock performer intake and 600cfm edelbrock carb...transmission A-904 3 speed...mopar performance tranny overhaul and stock converter and B&M shift kit...as for the exhaust...2 1/2 pipe through flowmaster 2 chambers with turndowns...i hope this helps...i appreciate any info..thank you
Old 11-03-1999, 02:36 AM
Inactive User

The first thing to think about is the rear end ratio, 3.07 is kind of tall for what you have done. I would change to 3.54 to 3.91. Also how much does the jeep weigh. Remember that the pickup is lighter in the rear than in the front and you will want to do some suspension work to make sure the power you will be making will stay on the ground. Burning the tires is nice, but it doesn't win races. Is this rig going to be a daily driver? Is it a 4X4? Do you have a posi? These are some of the questions that need to be answered. As far as times in the 1/4 mile alot will depend on you driving skill and how well the rig hooks up. The way you are set up now, you should be able to get in into the mid to high 14's. Suspension work,driver skill and rear end ratio will improve this to maybe high 13's low 14's. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-03-1999, 03:31 AM
Inactive User

the factory states the jeep comanche weighs 3040 lbs...it is a 2wd without posi...i was wanting steeper gears...would the rearend from a dakota R/T fit...also would traction bars help put the traction on the street better...and it will be for daily use...but i am a very easy driver...i will not abuse my truck...only occasional trips to the track to see improvements...well if you need any other info just let me know...thanks for your help...