Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:08 PM

Default new Mopar racing game/simulator!

Has anybody looked into Motor City Online? It looks pretty cool, a whole online virtual community of classic iron from the 30's through 70's... It looks like you can race, collect, get rich, buy, sell, do whatever you want. You start out by buying a car and fixing it and when you win money you can put hotter parts on the car... since it's online there are hundreds of different people all playing at once. The cars are all licensed from their respective manufacturers and are supposed to be as real as possible. There are quite a few Mopars available... Charger, 'Cuda, RR, GTX, Duster, etc. No 300's though, something has to compete with the '57 Chevs and 50's fullsize Fords. We oughta get a strong Mopar contingent showing up, kicking @ss and taking names!! Also it looks like you can modify your car with tons of stuff to make it unique; custom paint, body add-ons, you name it... you could even take a car you own in real life and make a virtual copy of it!

Check it out at http://mco.ea.com

No, I'm not advertising for these guys, just thought it looked like a cool game/simulator that a lot of y'all might be interested in.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Inactive User

$40 for the game and $10 per month to play!?
NOT ME!
Old 02-16-2002, 01:11 AM
Inactive User

yeah, i beta tested it a few months back, its ok, but i wont keep playing it once it goes pay. 10$/month to play a game just isn't economical for me, as i would only play it an hour or so a week.

but all in all, it was a very cool game, its like an online version of Gran Tourismo with muscle cars. heh

.sbuc72
Old 02-16-2002, 09:36 PM

Funny you all should mention that it is a fee based game. My friend is deep into Everquest, that fantasy online game from SONY, and he told me players are selling there "built up" characters on Ebay for hundreds of dollars! I can just imagine people selling their "built" virtual cars on Ebay. Anyone want a virtual crate motor, I got one for sale..haha...
Old 02-17-2002, 04:59 AM

I have Motor City online, its a pretty good game. My only complaints are the Mopars are neglected and the prices are way too unrealistic. For example, a 383 cuda, brand new, is about 125k in the game. A cam is about 3k. Headers are about 3k. intakes are about 1k. Hopper stoppers are about 1k(and do nothing but add wieght). Aluminum heads(edelbrocks) are about 5-6k(and they dont have them for Mopar). Oh yeah, and lots of the people that play the game talk like they know everything. There were guys on last night arguing about hemi's, they were like"a hemis a 460, nuh uh, its a 427, no its a 440". They are dumb. Theres a 426W in the game and everyone thinks EA(makers of the game) made it up cause theyve only heard of a 426H. Still a ok game despite its problems.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Inactive User

My game sits in my driveway,anybody wanna play?.......PRO........
Old 02-18-2002, 06:05 PM

Yeah, $10 a month is a little steep all right. As far as the car prices are concerned, I read that recently the game was changed to bring the prices down because people did a lot of complaning about the high prices. The only real complaint I had was that the designers made the decision to play with the weights of the cars... their basis was that to be fair, a light car can't be cheap. Hello, heavy cars are more expensive!! A Dart is a lot lighter than a 300, and is a lot cheaper because of it. A RR is lighter than a GTX... because it doesn't have all the extras that make a GTX more expensive.