Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up B150 Van

Thanks Dave571 for your help,I hadn,t thought about swapping to a V8. Can I still use the same trans if I swap or just yank the /6 and trans altogether? Is there anything else that needs to be changed? Eventually I plan to install air in this van,cause it does get hot here in Stlouis. I,ll be keeping in touch,there not a lot of van people anymore. I,ve always wanted a van and I bought this one from the original owner for $800. It had been sitting for 3yrs. I put in a battery and starter,some fresh gas and it started. I drove it home and I knew it had a rod knock,well the rod finally went last summer. So this year I plan on getting it running and take my kids to South Carolina to visit family.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Inactive User

The trans on the /6 and the V8 do have different bellhousing patterns, so that can't be used. If you would like to go V8, let me know. I have an extra 318 w/ 2bbl including trans and A/C that i would be happy to let go cheap. I'm about a day's drive from you in St. Louis. You will look at the normal stuff of wiring changes (just to relocate or extend a few) and exhaust {which can be single if you want}. Use the /6 convertor though if both trans are the same as far as lockup. It should bring your stall up a few hundred.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Hi drcole, I'm kinda new at this forum. I haven't posted anything yet, but I've been enjoying reading some of the posts. I'm a vanner (Dodge of course!) from way back and still loving it. I was wondering how you're progressing on the swap? Seems like alot of vanners have either swaped a 6 for an 8 or have ordered an 8 in the first place. Your comment about there not being alot of van people out there got me to post. Moparchat seems like a great place for Mopar fans to get correct info. If you're looking for other vanners (all makes) there's a cool website: www.vannin.com. Vanners are still around, just not in the numbers they were. And I've seen alot of very cool Dodge vans. Mini's included. Best of luck on the swap. Feel free to e-mail me if you want.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:02 PM
Inactive User

Vans have an up and coming following.

I went to a few local shows, last season, and the younger guys were really into it. Some of the older guys were not at all interested. More like,"what the hell is that doing in here?"

At the Northern Mopars show, in Calgary, alberta, I actually rigged up a fake nitrous bottle. It was fairly real looking, and got a lot of looks. It was a nice contrast next to the baby seats(LOL)
Some guys about 20, said to my wife"It must be real fast, eh?"

My wife said "oh yea"

The 400 will be the icing on the cake this year.(I put the short block together on friday) The rest of the stuff is ready to go on, then in. I've painted the engine a very bright yellow. It has gotten some scowls from some of the diehards, who have seen it in the shop, while other people think it's really cool.

When I go camping, I think about organizing a dodge van club. There are tons of camperized dodge vans still on the road(mines not camperized, I just tow my trailer with it). They just keep going and going and going and going.

Maybe a club, and a website?
Old 03-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

The link didnt work I am also into vans kind of. They are on the back burner right now, but I have a 77 B250 shortwheel base 318, and another 77 B250 with the 400. The 400 van is in FL waiting resto, and the 318 is here in AZ with me waiting tuneup to get it registered, LMK of any vans sites you find.

Bob
Old 03-31-2002, 12:55 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Wow, I didn't think I'd get any replys so fast! It's encouraging to see that there are vanners here. I'm sorry if the address didn't work for you rb77413. How about http://www.vannin.com./? I'm not a computer wiz, I just use it to check up on stuff I like. If any of you vanners out there want to check out a van event, let me know.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:10 AM
Inactive User

AH much better. Thanks. I am not a computer whiz either. Obviously I live in Phoenix, AZ Know of any events out this way?

Bob
Old 03-31-2002, 10:23 AM
Inactive User

Default van events

Dave571, there may already be a club near you! Check the links on vannin.com. Lots of van club sites there or you can post the question on the club column in the forum. rb77413, I'm not sure about AZ for events but I know there's events in Cali and Texas. When you're on vannin.coms menu page, go to vannernet. The events are listed by region. "Talk" to ya later. -Bob