Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Inactive User

Default poor kyle, lol

Poor Kyle, despite all the changes engine builder etc, he still only managed to finish 40th

Its sad when Shawna Robinson can get a dodge team togther 7 weeks before Daytona and run better than Kyle.

And then there is Buckshot he did not even make the race.

If it were not for John Andretti Petty ENt. would be completely in the toilet.

I heard Kyle in an interview before Daytona saying that he wont quit until he is back upfront, lol
At the rate he is going he might make it before he turns 70.

I know some on the chat here will say I am a Kyle basher and the same old excuses about kicking somebody when there down.
But facts are facts Kyle so far is on track to produce another crappy season just like last year and be out on the track in the way for another season.

THe other DOdges camps have got it together, all I can say is thank god that DOdges hopes dont rely on Kyle and Buckshot.

Go Ward, STerling and team EVernham !!!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Inactive User

Unfortunately, I must agree with you. I have been a Petty fan since the sixtys, but they just don't have it together. The only way Kyle is going to lead a lap, the way he is going, is if he is ready to go a lap down and the whole field pits except him.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Brandon45

give Kyle a break for once, he finally got the engine problem worked out but the tranny couldnt take it. He was running good even though he got wrecked in practice on friday and had to rebuild the car and didnt get to run it again until the race on sunday.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:24 AM

They are right, you are a Kyle basher, in fact, I expect you like to bash anyone when they are down, you took great glee, to get here, first race of the season, to do just that! Any happy comments for Ward or sympathy for Sterling, nah, just had to come here and hammer Kyle. That's fine, just remember, if and when he does do well, I hope you're here, just as quickly, to give him credit. I guess if Ward , Sterling and Everham have a bad day, you'll turn on them too? A wiser man than me, said
"A house divided against itself, can not stand"
So if you're any kind of a Mopar fan at all, Isky, don't come in here putting down Kyle. We had enough of that last year, when Mopar finally gets back to racing after being banned all those years, we have someone in here, kicking one of the drivers. Very lame...
Old 02-19-2002, 10:20 AM
Inactive User

Another isky, ok well anyway, I have to agree with the other isky.
Stoga you are just hanging on to the sour grapes of seasons past. When Ward and Sterling perform as poorly as Kyle has for many years now I believe lots of folks will bash them too. I am very exctied about mopars future in Nascar and I awaiting a Busch team to cheer for.

Stoga say what you will but the other poster is right, when the likes of Shawna Robinson get a deal done in 7 weeks and run better than poor old Kyle its down right disgusting.
Stoga you keep drinking the Petty Kool Aid, meanwhile I am gonna keep checking the results sheet and rooting for Dodge to be up front, without ignoring the facts that Kyle stinks.

Congrats to Ward on nice win and Sterling tough break but he will be back up front in the races to come. These Dodge camps give us something to be proud of. Too bad the same cannot be said for that ragedy excuse of a car with the 45 painted on it.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:14 PM

Isky, I got some kool aid for you, if you don't mind drinking out of hose. And what happens if Ward and Sterling doesn't perform up to your expectations, you going to turn on them too? Here's whats sad, instead of being happy for Ward and the Dodge team, you and the other isky, if you aren't just the same person, take Mopar's first win of the season at the first race, and decide to use it as an excuse to kick a Mopar racer around. At least at this point, Mopar is #1 in points! You can't be happy about that though , nope, gotta go hammer Kyle some more.
It's only the first race of the season, and you're on his back.
Why don't you let the rest of the REAL Mopar fans enjoy this victory, and keep your sour grapes to yourself, at least until the end of the season. Find something to be happy about, it's not that hard, just open your eyes. But I expect it'll just be another chance for you to make some smart crack and bash Kyle again.
I'm not the one hanging onto sour grapes, I didn't start this topic.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Inactive User

I've got a good idea.......Why do you couch potato wanna-be's post your fantastic records on the board for all of us to see, including all of your Winston Cup starts and finishes, and the number of son's you've lost to racing and then we'll compare Kyle's record to yours. He may be at the back of the pack but at least he's in it and that's a lot more than any of you bashers are doing. Nuff said!!!!!
Old 02-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

here we go again
Old 02-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Inactive User

Most moderators seem to be above becoming involved in (or in this case possibly starting) flame wars...
Old 02-20-2002, 02:23 PM

Most Mopar fans seem to above kicking one of their own in the teeth. I'm a Mopar fan first, and a moderator second. My job is to keep spam and other off-topic items, out of MY area. If this post had been in the technical section, it would have been either transferred or deleted completely. Any time you see me or any mod posting anything untrue or profane, then you may have a gripe. But if you think that tossing mod status in my face is going to keep me from defending a man and a family who have given more to Chrysler and Nascar than almost anyone else has, then you're sadly mistaken. My job is to keep filth, spam and untruths from being posted in my section, and I have the same rights to post what I think, and defend what I like, in any forum here I choose, same as any other member of Moparchat. WingedWarrior43, I hope some day you get to talk to the man who earned the right to carry that number you use for a nick here, for free. I bet he wouldn't like people kicking his son, either.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:25 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Stoga
Most Mopar fans seem to above kicking one of their own in the teeth. I'm a Mopar fan first, and a moderator second. My job is to keep spam and other off-topic items, out of MY area. If this post had been in the technical section, it would have been either transferred or deleted completely. Any time you see me or any mod posting anything untrue or profane, then you may have a gripe. But if you think that tossing mod status in my face is going to keep me from defending a man and a family who have given more to Chrysler and Nascar than almost anyone else has, then you're sadly mistaken. My job is to keep filth, spam and untruths from being posted in my section, and I have the same rights to post what I think, and defend what I like, in any forum here I choose, same as any other member of Moparchat. WingedWarrior43, I hope some day you get to talk to the man who earned the right to carry that number you use for a nick here, for free. I bet he wouldn't like people kicking his son, either.
What a bunch of BS. I never said anything negative about Kyle. In fact, this has nothing to do with Kyle. This is about YOU always fighting with other people. I don't see any other mods doing it. Like you said, you have the same rights as regular members. I'm not saying you can't mix it up with the "common" members, but I am pointing out that you are the only mod who seems to take up these personal battles. The others are more professional. If you reply again, you're only proving my point further.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Im with Stooga...If Kyle were doing well all of you would be licking his boots. A bunch of fair weather Johnsons..I send him my best wishes. I know he has it in him..He just needs a break.
Good luck Kyle.
Maxwedge
Old 02-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Inactive User

I don't understand how Petty bashing winds up on a
Mopar Chat site. The Petty family has always been one of the major supporters of Mopar racing. Sure, Petty Int. is struggling but so what? As long as Petty is affiliated with a Mopar brand, I will be a supporter. Racers who run my favorite brand don't have to always do well, they just have to be a part of the "Mopar against the other brands" family. There are only a couple of Mopars that run at our local dirt track and they don't do very well. I still pull for them when I attend. Driving Mopars against the bowties and ovals is all that I require to deserve my praise. I think that's how all true Mopar fans should be! Good luck Kyle, as well as all the other Mopar racers in Cup, Busch, Truck, Arca, Outlaws, Sprints, dirt tracks everywhere, etc. etc.!
Old 02-20-2002, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WingedWarrior43

What a bunch of BS. I never said anything negative about Kyle. In fact, this has nothing to do with Kyle. This is about YOU always fighting with other people.
The fact that you are in support of the people putting down Kyle, is negative enough, I think. And I don't always fight with other people, I humbly suggest you use the search feature and check out the rest of my posts. You accused me of starting a "flame war" when in fact, all I did was respond to something that was here, already. To start it, I would have to be the first person posting, wouldn't I? If there had been no Petty bashing, there would have been no posts from me on the subject. By the way, if I do or don't respond to your post, doesn't prove a single thing you say. I just consider your comment, "If you reply again, you're only proving my point further." , a very lame way of trying to control the conversation. Prove your point with your own words, don't try twisting mine. And to Max, attsr, and all the other Petty fans here who are tired of this constant lynching of Kyle as I am. Thanks for posting, I just dread if anyone from Petty Enterprises or Dodge Racing comes in here and reads these spiteful comments. At least they'll know that most everyone here at Moparchat.com, isn't a "fair weather Johnson".
Good word choice, Max!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Inactive User

"The fact that you are in support of the people putting down Kyle, is negative enough, I think."
No, I don't support them. I just don't like seeing you add fuel to the fire.

"And I don't always fight with other people, I humbly suggest you use the search feature and check out the rest of my posts."
Aren't you the one who caused the most trouble in that "GM killed the F-body thread a while back? My apologies if that wasn't you, but if it was, you certainly made that crap last a lot longer than it needed too (no, I am not a GM person). I looked for that thread, but I believe it was removed a long time ago.

"You accused me of starting a "flame war" when in fact, all I did was respond to something that was here, already."
I accused you of starting it, because you were the first one who's post took on a confronting tone.

You know what, I'll just stop right there. I don't feel like continuing this argument. You can tell everyone that my stopping mid-post means I'm "trying to control the conversation," if you wish. I suppose this means you win. Congratulations.
I shouldn't even have made this post, as it is adding fuel to the fire, which is the original thing I was complaining about.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:40 PM

Well, I could care less what you think of when I "add fuel to the fire". As for the previous thread you mention, yes, that was me, And I don't take back a single thing I said. So basically, you've judged me on 2 topics, where I defended Mopars or Mopar racers.
Have you ever defending an insult or putdown on anything or anybody? Or do you just let them go at it, and let them win their point, by not offering any opposition at all? Using your logic, it's ok for anyone to come in here, brag up GM products or put down a famous and loyal Mopar racing family like the Pettys, and nothing should be said, due to fear of a "flame war"?
Sorry Bub, I'm not a doormat , and while you don't mind if someone puts down things you like or respect, I just don't work that way. Besides, I am here because I am a MOPAR FAN, that includes and is most likely because of, The Pettys. I felt you were trying to control the previous conversation, when you stated that I proved your point, just by replying, which is and was, completely false. And before this gets any longer, I just gotta say, You have Richard Petty's number in your nick, the rest of your nick refers to cars that Mopar used to dominate Nascar, and yet you criticize me for coming to the defense of both The Pettys and Chrysler? If you won't even stand up when someone puts down something, that you thought of enough to make it your nick, what will you stand up for? Oh yeah, to shut me up, that's right. I'll tell you what my nick is, it's short for Saratoga, and if anyone was cracking on Chrysler Saratogas, I'd probably be there too. It's about loyalty and not rolling over. nothing else.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:06 PM
Inactive User

Wow has this got out of hand. Stoga you take all this far too personal, its as though you work or get paid by Kyle or the Pettys or both.

All I ever hear is give Kyle a break, what a joke.

Stoga you defend Kyle no matter what, many of us including me would be pleased to see Kyle do better.

Will it happen ? Its really doubtfull if you dont agree thats certainly your opinion and your entitiled but so am I.

I still maintain Kyle stinks and he is just out there in the way.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:26 PM

Nah, I only get personal when it gets personal. You've been after Kyle again and again, now that's personal. How about you, when Kyle does retire, it will happen, you just going to find another to rag on? Or are only Pettys worthy of your ire?
If you don't like how this thread has went, Isky51, don't start a thread like this one. If you put down anyone or anything, then someone comes in to defend against your criticism, isn't it a little hypocritical to complain afterward? There's been Mopar racers and teams that I've been less than impressed with in the past, but I felt it just best to say nothing. Let the GM , Ford or import fans put down Mopar or Mopar owners and drivers, I just think it's looks bad when a supposed Mopar fan, does the same.
Actually, ignoring a racer is about the worse thing you can do to them, that means their team and their sponsor gets no attention at all. You've actually done Kyle a favor, bringing all this attention for him, He'd probably shake your hand!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:27 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

If one race makes a season, then we can expect Kyle to finish ahead of Tony Stewart in the points race.

It's one race, guys, and Kyle made the race while 10 drivers did not. Why not give PE a chance to see if their off-season changes will improve the teams. I'm not an expert, but I guarantee it will take more than one race to prove anybody's point.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:38 AM
Inactive User

Gary, you make some valid points, there are a lot of races left and it is possible that Kyle could turn things around. I dont think that I was implying that the season was done for with one race gone by.

I hope so. I will be one of the first to post if that ever happens. Kyle has ran well at ROckingham many years ago it was one of his better tracks. Let hope for the best.

Stoga, I have heard it all from you, the following is a list of excuses or reasons you give for Kyle's poor performace:

Hearts not in it. ( not true anymore he said on TV its his goal to be upfront in the SPrint Car )

Son Adam Past away. ( no one can understand what this must have been like and I know my prayers went out for the Pettys, other like Dale Jr. have been able to triumph over this kind of adversity, hopefully Kyle can and will)

Dodge new car still trying to get it together ( all the other DOdge teams are running better than the Petty ENterprises heck even Shawna Robinson last week) note ( Jimmy SPencer did not qualify)

The truth is that your excuses dont have anything to do with the racing on the track or the actual results of Kyle on the track.

Instead you imediately call posters Kyle bashers and assult them personally for saying that Kyle's performance stinks, when his results on the track for years now make it a factual statement.

Just because you dont like it does not make his performance on the track any better or any worse. Also no matter what I say about Kyle it doesnt make him run any worse or better either.

Stoga you just cannot face the truth and accept it, Kyle has been stinking it up on the track. If Sterling or Ward were doing it people would be saying the same about them.

I am a huge Mopar fan I have run them in circle track dirt cars for years but I am not too blind to recognize the truth.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:03 AM
Inactive User

I really can't see that he has done all that bad. When Kyle qualifies on his own merit and some of the "big dogs" have to use a provisional do get in the race he is holding his own. The fields are separated by a very small margin and Kyle is having some rotton luck. It will change for the better.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:50 AM

isky, I've heard it all from you too. and I realize your bias against Kyle can not be reasoned with, I realized it awhile back. The thing you have been blind to is, you've been kicking a man when he is down. Another thing you've been blind to is the fact, if he qualifies last, slowest qualifier every race, he still gets to race, whether you like it or not. The truth is, YOU are the one continually posting and griping and complaing about Kyle. What I wonder is, are you somehow jealous of Kyle? You say you've ran dirt track for years, well good. Does that somehow give you the right to come in and ride his back repeatedly, to actually come in here, laughing at the man? Look at the title of this topic, what did you expect? The only reason you keep hearing it "all from me", is you keep coming in, starting these topics about Kyle. And if complaing and saying he's "stinking up the place", isn't bashing, then what is? If you don't want to hear people defending Kyle, then you quit coming in saying he stinks and he oughta retire. That should be basic enough to understand. Heck, there has been only ONE race, and the first thing, FIRST THING, you posted was to come in and complain about Kyle, this very topic. You'd have neard NOTHING from me, if you hadn't taken it upon yourself to come in here and bash a Mopar racer. If you don't like it, just ignore it. And once Kyle is gone, who you going to rag on next? Stacy Compton, Shawna, Casey Atwood, Bill Elliott , John Andretti ,Buckshot Jones or any Mopar racer? What happens when Ward or Sterling doesn't live up to your expectations? I'm sure you'll pick one, whoever has a rough go of it, you'll be right there to complain. And at that point, it's back to the basic question, just how much of a Mopar fan are you? Mopar won Daytona this week, for crying out loud, is Kyle bashing the first thing you thought of? You're obsessed with Kyle, maybe thats a "truth" you're a little too "blind" to recognize.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:58 AM
Inactive User

Your not going to change my mind about you and I'm not going to change your mind about me. I'm through discussing this if you are.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Inactive User

Default Petty's Garage

Yes Kyle is down and has been for a long time for a number of reasons and I hope he will be turned around. I really hope they get it together soon, but I must say something I feel strongly. Daytona puts on a good show for the fans, but that ain't racing. The only real racing done with restrictor plates is done in the wind tunnel. Yes the drivers do their thing and yes work their ass's off but Daytona and Talladega are just shows for the fans. That said, I hope Petty's get back on track. Can they do it? Time only will tell. Just thinking out loud.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WingedWarrior43
Your not going to change my mind about you and I'm not going to change your mind about me. I'm through discussing this if you are.
Actually, I have no opinion of you, negative or positive, because basically, I don't know you. You're just a nick on a message board, same as me. I thought we were discussing Kyle Petty. As for what you think of me, well, the same thing goes.
But I do think this thread has went about as far as it should, if people can't see that kicking one of our own is in bad taste, you're right, I'll probably never change your mind either. But then again, I didn't intend to or really worry if it was possible. I just felt that while some go to so much effort in attacking Kyle or the Pettys, I just felt I had to respond, to show that the Pettys do still have some fans HERE.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Inactive User

Well Stoga I guess you get the last laugh since you or the moderator decided to delete my post. It would appear that its ok for you to personally assult people with your post but not for others.

Enuff said........
Old 02-21-2002, 09:59 PM

I didn't delete anything, and if your post got deleted, it must have been offensive. I didn't see it, I just got home. Don't accuse me of assaulting you, anyway. I just disagreed with you. An assault is an attack, not a defense. Personally assaulting someone consists of choosing a target , then attacking it. Just like you chose Kyle. And now, just like you chose me. You come in here, slammin Mopar racers, then act surprised when you don't get the response you wanted. Figure it out. When I come in, and post a topic with your nick in it, just like you did this one with Kyle's name in it, I would be attacking you. Sorry, that's not my style. And I'm not laughing, none of this has been remotely funny.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:33 PM
Inactive User

I get back from Daytona to this Topic............. again.

I believe that one can speak his or her mind, we are all given that right. BUT when it gets to one another just ranting back and forth, then I feel I need to step in. It seems everyone has spoken their piece of mind.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 02-22-2002, 11:23 AM
Inactive User

While I can understand your comments, I must say that opinions always vary but some people refuse to face facts. I understand your concern about the back and forth. At this point I will let the results do most of the talking, I believe that Kyles results will be prove my point.

Some folks just refuse to accept actual results.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

Rock throwers have the same track record as Doomsday forecasters, very poor. I think the lions share of the readers will concur!