Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-18-2002, 10:34 PM
Inactive User

Question Hans ?

Of course it is logical to use the HANS device,but what about for guys like me that race purestock/hobbystock? Do any of you guys use this?Is it safe as far as being to disengage fast enough and exit the car in case of a fire?What about putting it on,Always see someone around helping the driver with it.I do use a neck brace now,and took a fairly good lick coming off a turn,but not at full speed, last year.Was fine then,but the next day had a very stiff neck.just want input,thanks guys mike
Old 02-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Inactive User

Anything to make you safer in the car is always a good idea. If you have $1,275.00, you can have a HANS devise. I'm thinking of going with a Hutchins Device myself if I can find out where to purchace one. I'ts being said that they run in the $3-400 range, and all I'm running this year is a heavy bomber car.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for your input david,i know I said hans,but my price range is also that of the hutchins.will probly get one after a few weeks after i win a couple, to help pay for it,lol. i better win a couple. thanks again