Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-20-2002, 02:51 AM
Inactive User

Default sc 430

I ran against a lexus sc 430 the other night at the track. The guy asked if i wanted to run so I said sure but I asked him what he ran and he replied i dont know. I thought I was gonna get killed but it turned out we about tied at 15.3?? each ( i spun in 1st AND 2nd.. damn) I even had him up till the 1/8th but he started pulling slowly on me. I now know that these things have a 4.3 aluminum v8 pushing 300 hp. I guess the guy didnt know how to drive it because he should be well into the 14's with a car like that. oh well, goes to show you that i might have been slower but he was faster but didnt know how to drive... PEACE!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:47 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Looks like he was driving it ok to me...

I pulled this from the Lexus website:

---------- begin clip ----------

Under the SC 430's rakish hood sits the same 4.3-liter DOHC V-8 used in the new LS 430 and GS 430. Producing a heady 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque, it's the first V-8 to achieve ULEV (ultra low emissions vehicle) certification, and from all 50 states. Backing this clean, green, prime motivator is an electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission that delivers swift, seamless gear changes. The combo propelled our 3,840-pound tester from 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds and took it through the quarter mile in 14.8 ticks at 96.1 mph.

---------- end clip ----------

There's something funny about this. 325 lb.-ft. of torque and it only does 0-6 in 6.7? Doesn't my 5000lb hog run 0-60 in 6.7 or something close to that? Plus that thing's $60k!!!

Nice run.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Inactive User

We mustn't forget that the Lexus allows one to do something that we Dak owners will never do.....

Act all snooty and stuff because we're the sh!t because we have a Lexus.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

WHats your shifting Technique? Do you know what song "tach it up tach it up" comes from and what it means when your driving a stick?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Inactive User

Default tach it up

yea, thanks for reminding me
Old 02-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Default shifting teq

here is a post from the Viperclub board..I dotn suggest holding the RPM as low as the Viper BUT 3000rpm-3500 should be a good place for the beginning of 1st..
anyway here is the tid bit from the Viperclub
"Steve... its possible to cut ET's quite a bit with a good launch, good shift points, and quick shifting...
I have no more power than I did before.... these were the tires.... I have a flatspot somewhere....
Shifting.... to start out, 1-2: 5900, 2-3: 5800, 3-4: 5400...... later on I changed the 3-4 shift to
5700, and picked up some ET and about 1 MPH....Gas... I stopped by the gas station near the track... the gauge read a little below the 0 mark.... I put in 7 gallons.... the gauge read about 1/2 tank when I started, and I had about 1/8 when I was done.... 93 octane.... Burnouts.... tire pressure was at 28psi hot..... first 4 runs I didn't do any burnout.... short times were 1.85 to 1.95... with ET's ranging from 11.8 to 12.1, pulled right up and ran.... I then started to do some burnouts before running... I went around the water, backed up in the groove, right up against where the water was.... revved up to around 5000 and let go..... tires would spin, car would slowly start moving forward.... then the tires would slowly start to hook, until the car would lurch forward forcefully... the burnouts really seemed to help..... Launching... after doing the burnouts, the car was hooking up much better.... I started out at 2000 rpm..... feathering the clutch out as I applied the throttle.... if the car hooked, there was almost no spin...... car would jump, then bog very slightly.... by the end of the night I was launching at around 4000 rpm..... with short times down to 1.69-1.701...... we had the track rented... only 8 cars running.... so there was plenty of time to play with launch rpm's..... there was very fine line,~200rpm, between hooking up well and spinning out of control.... I had few runs that I just aborted because the tires just lit up at launch.... as for reaction times..... I do understand what green means.... doesn't mean anything when your not racing anyone, as the slips show.... I was going for ET... Brooks
Old 02-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Inactive User

Default ....

thanks maxwedge, that makes sense to me. What I need to do is find the optimum rpm to launch at without spinning while nursing the clutch enough not to stall or bog. My best 60' to date is a 2.1. Ive heard of a guy w/ a dak the same as mine but w/ 3.92 pulling a 1.88 60' . So Im pretty sure I can bring it down to a 2.0 or even 1.9 and if I do this my 1/4 et will most likely dip into the 14's as if has yet do do. What i really need to do is go splurg on a pair of slicks. Well, im just thinkin aloud. PEACE!
Old 03-04-2002, 02:42 AM
Inactive User

As far as I'm concerned, a Lexus is just a plain old ricer (Honda) with gold emblems on it!!
Old 03-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Lexus=Toyota

Actually, Lexus is Toyotas Luxury line.
My boss has one of those XX 430's. He keeps runnin' his mouth to me about how fast it is. I cant wait to smoke his A$$ when I get my car done (86 5th Ave 400HP 360/727 w/ shift kit and 3.55 gears out back. Should be good for high 13's low 14's. Iknow I can take him. He doesnt know how to launch (or drive) HA!
5th