Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Inactive User

Default dodge is still thinking of making a charger?

I went to the motor trend cars how here in baltimore a ew weeks ago and they had one of those chargers there, you know the one with CNG and about 350hp.. looked REAL cool by the way.. anyhow. i thought DC trashed this idea last year? does anyone else have any input on this.. i gotta tell ya. that thing looked BAD! and with the camaro ,firebird and possibly the mustang going away can you think of a better time to make it?
Old 02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Inactive User

Default LH with the 5.7L Hemi

I was reading in a magazine that DC was going to put the 5.7L Hemi in the LH cars somewhere around 2004. I hope they go to rear wheel drive on those. Unfortunately that sounds like an ideal cop car. I wonder if DC is planning to build them since Shivy dumped the Impala SS cars. That might be good for us when the used cop cars sell for cheap.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Inactive User

Default About cop cars....

Actually, I read about 2-3 weeks ago that Dodge has already been contracted to supply a Detroit subburb with Intrepid Police Specials. About 100 of them will be fitted with modern Caprice-style setups......heavier battery and alt, radio equip, lights, pushbars, cages, etc....but no engine performance enhancements, of course.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Inactive User

no they canned the charger last year when the profits went in the dumper. they have no future plans to do it. to bad. and to sad.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Inactive User

WRONG. I have been telling you guys for some time now - check out the post in the rumors board that we are putting the 5.7L 345PLUS HP Hemi in the next LH platform, called LX. The platform will be front, rear, and ALL wheel drive! I know this for a fact. These cars are far into the design process, the engines in production, and there are mules driving around - Intrepids with the drivetrain, 5 speed automatic, dual exhaust so if you see a mean sounding Intrepid thats one of them.

The best part is the engine - I have seen the design, test data, and it looks AWESOME. Better torque and HP curve than the LS1 or anything else made now or EVER! 345 HP is the starting point, everything I have seen compares it to the Vette, we are targeting the Vette and plant to kick its ass, even the Z06 Vette. Our guys say the Z06 LS1 is MAXED out as far as how much HP GM can make in that design reliably. Our guys say we CAN BEAT THAT EASILY, and the MAGIC 426 Hemi rating of 425 HP is thrown around a lot!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Inactive User

plus I forgot - 5 speed automatic and drivetrain are Mercedes based designs.

The only stuff I don't know is what the damned things will look like exactly, its top secret. Some say next generation Intrepid, some say Charger, some say 300N (including convertible), strongest rumor around here is that it will be Charger toned down and "mated" with the next generation Intrepid styling. In fact i have even heard that the next gen Intrepid will look like a cross between the Charger and the current Intrepid!
Old 02-22-2002, 04:14 PM
Inactive User

Default I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE TO ORDER~!!!!!

MAN I HOPE IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!!!!

I always lemented the fact that I was too young to get in on the muscle car days when they were brand new. Stories of going to a Dodge/Plymouth dealership and buying a HEMI CAR off the show room floor blow me away!
TO THINK that we may get that opportunity! Talk about tooo cooool!!!
I will be in line to order one. I think if they do build these cars
THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO KEEP THEM IN THE SHOWROOM because of demand.
And that would light a fire under the rest of the auto makers to get in gear and build REAL muscle cars.
The only bad part is that when Detroit does do something right in a great while some government regulation or insurance companies surcharge kills it.
It is going to be GET IT WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!~!
Every MoPar man (or Woman!) for himself!!!!!!!