Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Inactive User

Default Beware!!! Beware!!!!!

BEWARE of a guy selling parts under the name of MoparRacer , email musclecarco@aol.com ... he lives in boonville mississippi.... He ripped me off for $$ 1500.00 in parts... Just today i have gotten two emails from other members that have been taken by this guy!!! please don't be the next one!! Thanks Lee....
Old 02-28-2002, 07:54 PM

A guy I worked with (he's a jerk) screwed someone over the net and the guy that he screwed somehow got local law enforcement to give him a visit (showed up about 4am) and a warrant. He corrected the injustice right away. Not sure hows this is done but maybe someone here may have an idea.

GT
Old 02-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Start passin the word to all! Sorry to hear of this.
Legal actions???
Old 02-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

hey lee don't let this guy ride!!! you can go after him. youve got an address, call the local law enforcment in boonville and give them all the info. they will help you. thats to much money to let go. let us know what happens.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

6pakman thanks for the info , i will do just that...thanks Lee...
Old 02-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

I can have him visited in your behalf. ??
Old 02-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

Have you (or someone who uses aol if you don't) checked his aol profile with the hope that his real name/location/age, etc. is listed there? And if so, post it here so it becomes public to other than aol users so that he doesn't just create a new screen name (if he doesn't have five or six already) and pull the same crap with someone else.

People just don't understand the meaning of honesty and trust do they?

Ryan
Old 03-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Inactive User

is he sellin here or on ebay? if its ebay you can file a complaint and have ebay charge his credit card for the refund.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Banned

If you mailed him the money you can call the post office and report it as mail fraud...serious offense!
They will go after him with a Federal Warrant
Old 03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Inactive User

How Bout we all chip in and hire a Bounty Hunter!!!! Sounds good to me and he will get a little extra other than a slap on the hand!!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Inactive User

Please NOTE : that there are two members on mopars.com with the name moparracer.......

One is MOPAR RACER that is the one i am having problems with....

Number two is MOPARRACER no space between the mopar and racer.... sorry to moparracer for getting mix up in this problem and i hope i have caused him no harm.....

Update.... mopar racer was selling this parts on moparts.com I dont know if he has any parts on ebay.. he did email me today and said UPS is looking in to it ....UPS told me he put NO insuance on the parts .... who to beleave??

Thanks Lee.....
Old 03-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Inactive User

Default Man, this demands action!!

A dollar here and a dollar there isn't much to get bent about. But for $1500 clams, I WOULD DEMAND JUSTICE!!!

What were you trying to buy??
Old 03-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the heads up, Lee! From what I understand, there is such a thing as internet fraud now, which is classified as a felony. Definitely call an attorney and ask some questions. Please keep us up to date on this. Thanks again,
Old 03-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Inactive User

Hi Lee, I have read all the threads thus far. Regardless of the insurance on the package he is responsible for the parts. If UPS does have a pick-up from him to YOU, get the shipping details(time,size and WEIGHT). If you have not call ups and give them the departure city or zip and the destination zip. They can confirm I there was a package even shipped to you. If they do have a package and the weight is about right then get him in court. If there is nothing there get him in jail. You will need his Domain,aol right? If it is AOL this will be easy. AOL user have to give a credit card number even for the free trial. That's your ID for the scamer. Even if it is a kid (under 18) the computer was used in the commission of a crime across state lines. Federal crime now. Whoever subscribes for the service is ultimately at fault. All the information about the site he posted on including a copy of the ad if it is still there; a URL (www.....) the method of payment and contact the state police of the sender. It may seem like a lot to do but it should all be worked out in about 30 days. Either way it goes you still may find yourself filling smalll claims paperwork. And if you notify AOL, this is in volation of the conduct code portion of their contract, that fine print we all click,YES I agree.

Hope that sheds more light on it for you.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Inactive User

Who ever it is can easily be tracked. Everytime he goes on the internet his ISP address is logged. Every site and every email that he has ever done would be recorded by his ISP. If the law enforcement was to get involved....they know exactly where that computer is to be located.
There is a possiblity that one of the moderators here could get you his ISP address and who his provider is so you can launch legal action. Sites like this usually always record that info as well.

Good luck.....and I hope the friggin jerk gets what's coming to him.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:32 PM
Inactive User

Default fraud

hi lee. sorry about the mess you are in. i have dealt with fraud before and one of the best ways to deal with it and it is free would be to contact the DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S office under maybe the consumer fraud division in you state. they will be very helpful. plus they will do all the work and it will not cost you a $$$. hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Inactive User

Default Go after the bum!!

Hey Lee,

Sorry to mention brand X here, but I there is a guy named Joe Bowen who posts as "Joe1320" on Turbobuick.com who had a similar problem and took action. He had the FBI Internet Fraud Division, the Postal Service and the locals after the scammer. Before he was through with him, he had the guy pleading with him to take the heat off. He got his money back.

The link to the 21 page thread is:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

Check it out. His post got the attention of car enthusiasts sites all over the world. Joe indicated that he was willing to help anyone who has been burned by an Internet scammer, regardless of their favorite make of car.

His emails: joeb1320@yahoo.com, Joe1320@msn.com

He can also be reached from his homepage at www.pbtr.net

Don't let this guy get away with this, as it will only encourage him to rip off other people. - RR
Old 03-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Inactive User

He sounds like a ford or chevy guy to me.
Old 03-02-2002, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

lee, you've got to read the post that reggie linked to its GREAT!!
joe1320 can definitly help you. i'm keeping his e-mail just for a in-case need. THANKS reggie that was great reading!!!!! as the old comercial used to say....... GO JOE!
Old 03-02-2002, 07:11 PM
Inactive User

Default get him!

Lee i hope you either get your parts or the money back somehow! Don't let this prick go for a second! Thats what i worry about when i buy things off the net but most mopar guy seem to be great so far!