Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Inactive User

Question blaupunkt?

what does anyone know about blaupunkt head units?
are they quality?
Old 02-28-2002, 11:04 PM
Inactive User

Check out www.crutchfield.com to find some more info on them. I would imagine the quality is good though.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

Default Blaupunkt

Blaupunkt (in english Blue point) is a quality name that has been around for many years...german make, used mainly as german car factory equipment (VW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc.) but now have a very good aftermarket line. VW dropped blaupunkt in favor of clarion, panasonic, and now monsoon and delphi because they are cheaper to mfg in japan.
(Had to throw in the VW stuff, me being a VW dealer parts guy and all)
Old 03-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Inactive User

Default porsche

porsche dropped blau and picked up becker,,,i had a porsche and had gathered a high performance blau system,,3 amps x-over,deck,speak,sub,,in doing so i talked to some blau engineers and acording to them blau has hit the toilet,they are fighting with uper mngmnt to produce quality product but are having to put out colorful plastic blaaa,whatever,,i think there quality is down from what it used to be,,and i wouldnt evean look at any of there us made equipment,,,might as well buy a jensen,,or a kraco,,,or a sparkomatic,,,they do offer the cool system were they turn the analog radio signal into digital then back to analog for a crisp sound though
Old 03-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Inactive User

Smile

thanks for the inside scoop
Old 03-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Inactive User

Blaupunkt isnt bad stuff. Its by no means performance.

If your not sure..look for MOSFET amplified sound (technology used to amplify singal) ...generally find 45 watts x 4 channels with sub outs on deck.

The real difference in audio equipment starts after the deck. What kind of cable? What Amplifier you gonna use? What kind of sub?

If you are going to buy some equipment to get some decent sound, dont be afraid to buy last years stuff...you usually save roughly 30% on it and theres nothing wrong with it.

Sounds like Blaunpunkt is falling into the same rut/groove as sone with thier Xplod line of "crap"....dare i say that here?

I am running almost all pioneer premier components except my amps (both rockford fosgate)

Good luck to you.
Old 03-10-2002, 03:57 AM
Inactive User

I've been using a Blaupunkt MP3 player (san jose mp41) for a few months now and I couldn't be happier. It's simply the best MP3 player out ther.e I don't know how puter oriented you are, but if you're lookin into high tech stuff, it's great. It's got plenty of preouts and 50 watts per channel is more than enough for me. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Morgan
Old 03-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Inactive User

I was looking at the mp3000
is it as good quality as the san jose?
Old 03-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Inactive User

from what I can tell, the MP3000
http://www.blaupunktusa.com/receiver...p3000_mp3.html
seems to have all of the same features that my san jose has, with 3 less watts per channel. I'd never miss 3 watts, and I doubt you would either.

The major complaints that peopl ehave with MP3 stereo systems is seek time, lack of mix, and poor audio quality. I must have sampled 15 different MP3 players, and blaupunkt blew them all away. The load time is practically instantaneous, with soungs that blend into one another having just a slight skip, CD load time being super fast, mix within a single folder or whole CD. it's truly a good machine. I'd say, if you can get to a Fry's electronics, Tower WOW store, or other audio superstore, try it out. see if you like it or not.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Inactive User

cool

I live in canada so i dont think those stores are up here, but there is a blaupunkt dealer near me so ill check it out.
thanks
Old 03-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Inactive User

Default Yep

From what I understand (and have heard) their radios/CD players/tape players aren't bad at all...I know their MP3 players are supposed to kick butt. However, the speakers are another story entirely.
Old 03-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Inactive User

whats wrong with their speakers?
Old 03-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Inactive User

Default speakers

i had there top of line blau overdrive speakers and they wernt to bad ,,they sounded pretty good,,but when i cranked it somtimes i could smell burnt coil
Old 03-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Inactive User

I've had Blau, Pioneer, and Alpine. I haven't been satisfied with any of the three. The Blau, which was a digiceiver model, had the best tuner of the three. It would pick up stations the other 2 couldn't even pick up static from. However, it would make a static like noise every couple of minutes that was annoying. I got another one, and it did it as well. If it hadn't been for that, I would have kept the Blau.

For more info on MP3 units, check this site: www.highwaymp3.com
Old 04-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Inactive User

I got the mp3000 and its kicking butt
The only problem is that my antenna cable in the care is about 1 inch too short so i cant hook it up. i might get an extention but who listens to the radio anyways?
Old 08-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Inactive User

Superchris, where did you end up buying your mp3000? I was looking at one as well, but was never able to find one for the price I wanted to pay.