Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy oil blow by

I'm having problems with my engine it runs good but blows oil out the dip stick and top of valve cover or any were it can get out bought some engine treatment did not work seems like it made it worse should i drain oil and put motor flush in it better yet what cause blow by thanks note car runs great just when i put the Rpmsto it under a load it blows out
Old 03-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Inactive User

sounds like you need a new PCV valve.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:14 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by goldduster
sounds like you need a new PCV valve.
going to check this in the morning and if that not it going to pull valve cover see if any thing is blocked in oil gallys
Old 03-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin blow-by

as a long time slant/6 owner i can safely say if the pc valve(as gold duster stated) is not the problem then you have one or more broken compression rings! in this case there are two things you can do 1) tear down engine and install a ring kit. 2)pipe the hose from the pc valve back into the oil filler cap orinto the rubber grommet on the top pan if so equipped.this will decrease oil consumption by about 15%or better,car wont smoke as much as oil cant go into breather! hope this helps! remember most things in life arent on the level,driving a slant/6 offsets this!
Old 03-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: blow-by

Quote:
Originally posted by a.jmilligan@pei
as a long time slant/6 owner i can safely say if the pc valve(as gold duster stated) is not the problem then you have one or more broken compression rings! in this case there are two things you can do 1) tear down engine and install a ring kit. 2)pipe the hose from the pc valve back into the oil filler cap orinto the rubber grommet on the top pan if so equipped.this will decrease oil consumption by about 15%or better,car wont smoke as much as oil cant go into breather! hope this helps! remember most things in life arent on the level,driving a slant/6 offsets this!
Thanks I was thinking about runing a oil return motor runs good gpig to try new pvc today thanks