Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin thanks and ask another question

Thanks to everyone who give me an answer to my last question and here is my next one
I have found a complete setup in summit racing catalogue it includes a edelbrock 2176 intake a 2177camshaft that has 420 lift and 420 duration and a edelbrock 1405 600 cfm carb how will this work on an 85 Dodge engine with stock heads and stock pistons . I have had the heads reworked so they are like new they have been completely gone through everything new, the block came out of an 87 Dodge truck and it had 264,000 miles on the block but the cylinders were clean and were not out of round that is why I didnt bore it any trying to keep my cost down but trying to get as mch hp and torque as I can get since the vehicle will be used for hauling and towing more than anything else.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Old 03-09-2002, 02:51 AM
Inactive User

If it’s a small block, 340 resto cam about 4 degrees advanced. Split pendulum long narrow runner intake, if the high end needs some help add a ½” open carb spacer. Get the mopar carb, carter or edelbrock with the electric choke.:co
Old 03-09-2002, 02:57 AM
Inactive User

badcaruda - 2 questions: 1) If he's trying to save money, why an electric choke? 2) What is a split pendulum?

I would want the machine shop to hone the bores with a torque plate on the block.

Anyone else?
Old 03-09-2002, 04:40 AM
Inactive User

Electric choke is much more efficient than the separated. (better fuel mileage and less gas in the oil). #2 it is a big double edge sward swinging No, Spell check and a quick finger gets ya in trouble every time. The open area on which the carb is mounted.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Inactive User

I don't think I agree with you on the electric choke. With a manual, you decide when to un-choke the engine. I generally take my choke off within 30 seconds to a minute after the engine fires. Better milage, less contamination. The carb is also $40 or $50 cheaper without it.

The pendulum would be "plenum" then. I wasn't trying to harass you, I really didn't know what you meant.