Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin zipinwhiney

If he whine after today Nascar needs to shove him and Joe Gibbs
head in a toilet and flush..They have no reason to complain..
Old 03-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Tony the Tiger

He no whine today,

he just kick all their asses!
Old 03-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Inactive User

I wonder if the switch to Shivvy is still in the works after this victory?
Old 03-11-2002, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Tony the Tiger

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightri1
He no whine today
Yeah, shows if you whine enough, it'll do you some good.
Hohum... whens the next race?
Old 03-11-2002, 02:04 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: Tony the Tiger

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nightri1
[B]He no whine today,

this still sounds like he was whining
from http://sports.yahoo.com/rac/nascar/n...r-mbna500.html

But he wasn't ready to give up asking for help.

``Not if you sat in the car with me in fourth or fifth spot behind a bunch of cars,'' Stewart said. ``Just like last week, when we were out in clean air, we were fast.''
Old 03-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Inactive User

Default ALL the teams whine

Stoga, is your memory still working?
Dodge was whining last year. It's just Pontiacs turn. Next!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Inactive User

Default gota be kidin

After all the wind tunnel and so on and all the figures came out
Zipinwhiney had the balls to whine about how poor Toni was at
a disavantage.. Well the mouthy butthole came in fifth last week
I think and !st yesterday..So zipinwhiney zip it up and just go racing..
Old 03-11-2002, 12:17 PM

Default Re: ALL the teams whine

Quote:
Stoga, is your memory still working?
Dodge was whining last year. It's just Pontiacs turn. Next!
Yeah, it's workin just fine, I remember them adjusting Dodges spoiler height to slow them down, plus all the crabbin about Mopar using a Ford template. The only reason they didn't cry louder, was if they had used the actual Intrepid body shape, it would have been slicker! I what I have to wonder is, why the heck are you here, bragging about a GM racer on a Moparboard?
Or can't you read what it says at the top of the page, when you come in this site? I gotta agree with artman, but I expect ol Stewart will whiney again, when he doesn't win, as most of the gm boys do. Checked your spoiler height lately? Remember, it's just an exhibition, any comparisons between Nascar racers and actual production vehicles, are very limited. Yeah, GM cars still suck and look weird, no matter what the funny cars in a circle do.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Inactive User

Default whine, whine, whine

yall sound like a bunch of 2 year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own:

2 Mopars
2 Fords
2 Geos
1 Kawasaki

Looks as if I have the requirements to BE HERE!!! STOOGA

And I read your replies to other threads, and they mostly sound like 2 year olds also

Oh and you say I'm "bragging" about Stewart, actually it's called "STATING A FACT"

He did kick their asses!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Inactive User

Default point we are trying to get across

He is running as well as anybody so why can't he just shut up and race.. That is what we are trying to get across. It makes him
and Zip look like real buttholes.. for fun goto on the web
http://harpomarks.tripod.com/stewart don't execute from here..
Old 03-11-2002, 11:16 PM

Eww, talk about typing like a 2 year old, who's the one typing in all caps? Hey, I didn't go running to a Chevy or Ford board, when the Dodge boys won, cause I knew what kind of reception I would have gotten. And also, there is only 1 O in my nick, of course, 2 year olds do seem to have a problem with reading and spelling, don't they? And actually, No, you are not stating a fact, he didn't physically "kick their asses", he won the race, good for him. You were just overstating your case, and as is too common, in the wrong place for it. Glad you took an interest in my writing, it makes me curious about yours. Maybe I should see if you have wrote anything of any substance, other than being a cheerleader for GM racers? Oh yeah, give us a break on the backside references, kids do read this forum.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:03 AM
Inactive User

Attached Images
File Type: jpg stewart.jpg (17.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 03-12-2002, 03:04 AM
Inactive User

They all whine!
Maybe you haven't seen all that much Nascar. They ALL (in caps for stoga) whine, Dodge, Ford and Chevy. At least I have my perspective to be happy for just about anyone who wins, save a few blockheads who most will agree can't do squat. I will think twice to ever respond to a thread by either stoga or artman as they have only one view. I've read your replies on the subject of Kyle, and will not bother to begin that here.
Someday when you want to have a genuine conversation (instead of throwing the first dart by asking why I am here) try to do so by not sounding like someone from the 60's. It's OK to move into the next millenium.
I am glad to see Dodge back in Nascar, but like many others have stated already, "it's not real stock car racing" but for me it is still fun to watch. MY OPINION, I'm entitled to it.

OH and no one ever said anything about "typing" like a 2 year old except you. I guess 6 (six) words in caps is too much to handle............blah, blah, blah...............
Old 03-12-2002, 01:40 PM

Quote:

OH and no one ever said anything about "typing" like a 2 year old except you. I guess 6 (six) words in caps is too much to handle............blah, blah, blah............... [/B]
Oh really, no one? In this context, is the difference between typing and "sounding" too subtle for you to comprehend? Scroll up to your previous post, you're the one who brought 2 year olds into this conversation, not me. As for my previous posts you so gleefully refer to. I don't take back a thing I said, and both as a Mopar fan and a Petty fan, I feel I had a perfect right to say them. You may be a Tony Stewart fan, and thats your right. But it comes down to the same thing, he's a GM racer, and he always has something to say, when any other brand other than his, wins. This is NOT a GM board, yet You come in here, bragging about all who you thought he "kicked", then act surprised when a few folks throw some "darts, as you call them, at you? Hey, like whomever you like, but please, don't blame me for things YOU said in the first place. There's really only 2 things that I feel don't belong here, insults of Mopars and their owners, fans or drivers, and bragging up the other car companies. If you don't believe me, go praise Sterling or Ward, or any of the Mopar guys on a GM or Ford board. While some will be polite or say nothing, I GUARANTEE, there'll be some responses to your post, that makes the replies here, seem tame in comparison. I could join a GM board, and do what you do, and try to defend all the Mopar racers there, when a bad comment is made. But that would be pointless, it is THEIR board. Just the same, this is OUR board. It says MOPARchat at the top, try not to go off-topic and praise GM guys here. And be glad I don't throw Darts at you, mine are Dodge Darts, and are little heavier and leave large dents when thrown.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:41 PM
Inactive User

Default here here Stoga

My thoughts exactly!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

Tonys a hell of a driver, I wish they would switch to Dodge, but not likely.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
I wonder if the switch to Shivvy is still in the works after this victory?
Old 03-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Inactive User

...and why shouldn't Dodge whine? Seems to me that Ford and GM have done nothing but whine in the 20 years or so that Dodge was out of the game...
Old 03-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Inactive User

Default Memory lapse

"and why shouldn't Dodge whine?"
Anyone remember Dodge griping last year until they got the nose lengthened? Hmmm guess not.

looks as if GS is the only other person who believes what I have been saying. Stewart is a very good driver. I never bragged up Pontiac.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

Quote from me and your reply:

"and why shouldn't Dodge whine?"
Anyone remember Dodge griping last year until they got the nose lengthened? Hmmm guess not.

What does this prove? I never said they didn't whine last year. That part proved nothing at all and could have been omitted from your post. And I'll repeat it again, why shouldn't they whine, when that's just the way it is in NASCAR. Should only Ford and GM be allowed to whine, is that what you are trying to say?
Old 03-12-2002, 06:43 PM

I did watch the interview with Joe Gibbs, and he did admit that they had taken delivery of 4, yes 4 Intrepids. He tried to down-play it by saying something about knowing what the competition is doing helps his teams, but he then went on to say that he didn't know exactly what the future held. He was then posed a hypothetical about an engine builder for the intrepids, and he said that he'd spoken with Ernie Elliot...........................you put the figures together and see if you don't come up with 4 and..............See ya at the track!!
Old 03-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Inactive User

Default So much for a public forum

In the future I'll only post politically correct replies, even if i get openly slammed like here prior.

I wonder who did the whining to get this thread edited?

Old 03-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Inactive User

Hmmm....interesting!

Quote:
Originally posted by modracr41
I did watch the interview with Joe Gibbs, and he did admit that they had taken delivery of 4, yes 4 Intrepids. He tried to down-play it by saying something about knowing what the competition is doing helps his teams, but he then went on to say that he didn't know exactly what the future held. He was then posed a hypothetical about an engine builder for the intrepids, and he said that he'd spoken with Ernie Elliot...........................you put the figures together and see if you don't come up with 4 and..............See ya at the track!!
Old 03-13-2002, 01:38 PM

I remember last year. NASCAR penalized the Dodges before they even had one race (Daytona aero-rules). Then, if you remember, they penalized them again before they had won a race. I am talking about the restrictor plate races where Dodge had to run the mid-roof spoiler straight across rather than contoured to the roof.

Several Dodges had chances to win (bad pit strategy and pit-generated mechanical problems crept up on them) before the front airdam "concession" was granted so I don't think it helped all that much.

Stewart almost always has a fast car. If he feels the other brands have an advantage then his builders must be cheating to be as competitive as they are. NASCAR tests prove that the GrandPrix body is the slickest of all anyway, so if I was Stewart I would shut up and tell my crew to shut up and take their 5 or 6 wins a year.

I think it is pretty darn even now and NASCAR should let them run a while just like they are.

An observation: Once one manufacturer starts the petitioning process they all have to. That is how political processes achieve equlibrium.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:48 PM
Inactive User

Default downforce

Dodge 1st, Ford second , Pontiac 3rd and Shivy last..
Good numbers for Rockingham , Vegas , Charolet but not real good to have to much on the real fast tracks like Daytona and
Atlanta and Talladega..
Bet Nascar makes some changes for this weekend...
Old 03-13-2002, 10:00 PM

I guess truth is a sharp sword. I really don't mind being edited, but I think it should be uniform in application. (ie. I think it should be done to everyone.....even moderators) Thanks for the site. It is a real good tool for those of us running mopars on the circletrack, as well as for the people that love ma mopar. Thanks again, and ........................................see ya at the track!!
Old 03-14-2002, 01:33 AM
Inactive User

It says right at the bottom who did the editing.....it's me.

If there are any questions please email me

Ascamaro@aol.com

Thanks,

Michael
Old 03-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Inactive User

Default 9Dodge

We know who did the "editing."

My question was "who did the whining" to make it happen.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:05 PM

Nightri, save your breath. I give you one guess to answer your question. I think that 9Dodge does a pretty good job of moderating this post. He's a lot more leanient than some of the others here, and he pretty much lets the posters say what they are thinking as long as it's tactful. Now, with that said, I just wondered out loud why another poster on this topic WAS NOT edited as well. That was the point of my post. Nothing more. I'll learn to let the "powers-that-be" do their thing and keep my opinions quiet. It never pays to voice an opinion that differs from some people. I'm learning this slowly but surely. As for the forum as a whole, I think it's the best site on the web. I visit regularly and it's helped me in my endeavor to whip some chebby butt. Thanks to all that make this place a good place to get information, and ............................see ya at the track!!
Old 03-14-2002, 10:45 PM

You two guys amaze me, now you're spreading innuendo about 9Dodge and who may or may not have spoke to him? Seeing as I'm the only other mod who has posted on this subject, it's not too hard to see who you are referring to. I'll let you in on a few secrets, 1: I never contacted 9Dodge about this thread, his actions, as it should be, are his own. So don't imply that he's following orders or editing unfairly. I don't remember EVER getting an order from Abalto or Moparchat administration, I doubt any of the other mods ever have either. 2:I've had posts deleted here before myself, but I didn't gripe about it afterward. Unlike a couple of posters that come to mind, right at this moment. modracr41, if you're headed to the track to kick some bowties around, more power to you, and I hope you do a bunch of it!Nightri1, I didn't even get to see the post that got deleted, so I have no idea what was offensive about it or why, but if it was more of the same that you've been on about, I can't say that I am surprised. Guys, it shouldn't be that hard, just remember where you are at. This isn't public open forum, general chat or GM chat, it's Moparchat. One last thing, if you "know" who did the "whining, or think you do, why don't you say so, specifically?
But I'm going to tell you flat out and straight up, I haven't contacted 9Dodge or anyone about this thread. If it's any other mod here, all I suggest, is have your facts straight first.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:56 PM
Inactive User

All actions on this post were of my own doing. I was not contacted by anyone on this post.

I'll say this, speak your mind, but don't "hack" on another member, it's uncalled for and starts to sound like "my dad can beat up your dad". We are all adults, lets all act like one.

Thanks all.

Michael