Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Inactive User

Default Duluth MN, World of Wheels

Is anyone going to this car show, or bringing thier car there? I am unable to bring my car because of the snow, but I will be wandering there at least. So is anyone going?
Old 03-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Inactive User

i am going...but not to show,just to look...
Old 03-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Banned

I spent a week in Duluth one night....just once...in January...-28 degrees....can you tell I won't be there this year
Old 03-18-2002, 09:51 PM
Inactive User

I sure can tell you why you won't be here.... I'll go through the list:

1) 2 months of summer
2) horrible roads
3) nothing to do
4) 2:1 cop to citizen ratio

And that's the short list........
Old 03-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Inactive User

ahhh...where is your sence of adventure??this winter has been mild,the coldest it has gotten is -7,we have averaged 40 above all winter,now I an 80 miles from duluth,and they are a little colder because of the lake but still...,I belive we will be snowmobiling in July because of it but until then...

roads...horrible...hell Saint Louis County(duluth) is GOOD,try ITASCA county(where I am),the cheap bastards....I have actually bent rims in potholes...

and nothing to do....ok out side of working on the cars or street raceing...there is nothing to do right now...if there was snow...I would be snomobiling...but life sux...

2:1 ratio...nah...its closer to 3:1,but for the most part they leave me alone,something about 120 in a 55 gets their attention though...
Old 03-19-2002, 08:19 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, you're right, 3:1 is more accurate. I forgot to include the Sheriffs and Troopers in my initial estimate. You're right about this winter though, its been pretty mild. If we wouldn't have gotten absolutely buried twice in the past 2 weeks i would probably have my car out by now, but noooooo, it has to snow. You're right about the working on the cars and street racing. Too bad there is only one place to race around here, and it seems to have its own city police department just to patrol that road. You're lucky if the cops leave you alone though. I seem to be able to get swarms of cops around me by parking in a public lot(and that is without during any burnouts or revving). Apparently owning a nice car is now a crime...... Well anyways. What kind of car do you drive around Duluth(if you come here) during the summer? Maybe we have met or at least seen each other's cars.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:29 PM

Yeah, what's the deal with no snow... I've been trying to snowmobile up there for the last 3 years and there's NO SNOW! I've already lost my deposit up at Pikes Lodge in Tower MN...
(I live in Denver right now...) I used to have fun up there, but now lot's o'cops and no snow!
Old 03-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Inactive User

I feel bad for you snowmobilers. Not only has there been no snow, but now there are sled speed limits and sled cops.......More regulation.....less fun......maybe someday it will be good again.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Inactive User

don't get me wrong,I get lots of attention,but only a few tickets...one guy pulled me over after I had just done the exaust on my caprice(300hp thru straight pipes)he says "it sounds nice,but if you don't stop opening it up at every green light you will get a ticket"lol
or when I get pulled over(by 1 st Louis sherrif,1 Itasca sherrif,1 nashwauk police,1 keewatin police,and 2 state patrols) doing 85 in a 55(not in my car)give me the 3rd degree(whos car,where is he from,hy am I driving it,where is he,what is he doing there,where am i going,why,who am I,where am I from,what am I doing here...etc,then the interesting ones-will you take a breathalizer,a UA,can we search the car...etc)they thought it was a stolen car/drug runner(i was clean),they kept me for 45 minuets,did not search or do their tests,AND let me go without a ticket...but the part that pissed me off...just before they left they ask me if I knew why they pulled me over,I playing dumb said no"we got several calls ahead of you that said you were going too slow"...that pissed me off...a lying cop...

what I drive varies depending on what I am doing...

If I am picking up feed for my parents I drive a brown '76 ford truck with a blue topper(dad's truck)

but if I am just bumming,I used to drive a maroon '89 chevy caprice squad car,but my mother overheated it and cracked a head,I need another one,any suggestions?

now I will probably drive my truck-tan 76 dodge
or my other car once it is done-grey 79 cordoba T-top
Old 03-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Inactive User

Bummer about your Caprice. As for what to do, there might be one for sale around here, as I see quite a few Caprices. What motor is in it? If nothing else you might be able to hit up one of the junkyards for a head.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Inactive User

the engine is a 350 interceptor,the heads are special...