Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Inactive User

Default aluminum polishing

I'm looking for the best way to polish my tunnel ram intake before it goes on in a few weeks. I am looking for home remedies that require no special cutters or buffers, etc. Any ideas???? This intake does have the standard Edelbrock texture and coating. Thanks again,
"Lobukdstr" - "Ausydad"
Old 03-21-2002, 09:50 PM
Inactive User

the best way is to have a good chrome and polishing shop to do it or a friend who is already set up. been there and done that job. i have polished everything on my car including valve covers, trim, wipers, ss bolts everything and it looks awesome but that darn intake really ate me up. it is very pourous and has a lot of crooks and cranny's. i have a compresser, grinders, high speed die grinders, polishing equipment, the whole nine yards and i could not get mine to look like a shop could. Craig at speed and sport in houston, tx. does jay leno's cars he does a great job. i try to do everything myself but this was to tough fo me for the results i wanted. if time is important and you have some cash this might be the way to go or do it yourself. any way i hope it turns out great for you. later
Old 03-21-2002, 10:45 PM

Have you considered powder coating? It looks pretty good, but it fills texture REALLY good. It can be shot at different thicknes also. Better yet, it coats the inside also. Seeing you have a tunnel, I dont think atomization condensation on the walls will be a big concern of yours, so it might be a alternative. I just got a set of cop wheels done in silver and they look pretty sharp. It looks like it has about 10 coats of paint/wax on it, really smooth!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Inactive User

Default polishing alum?

Never been into it much myself, but if i want something polished, i'd get on the cb radio near a truck stop and someone is always polishing wheels and tanks for trucks. Most do a decent job and not that expensive. I guess I feel my time is worth more than theirs.