Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

Default sway bar on my'85 fifth ave ?

I banged this car up pretty good last week,and put a whole new nose on it.frame is bent slightly,but I dare not bend it back yet.anyway looking down I noticed that my driver side sway bar bolt was gone(bare with me).I had made an adjustment to this bar at someones advice last season,we took the rubber spacers out of both sides,and tightened the passenger side about an 1/2 inch from bottoming out,and we spaced the the driver side as far as we could get the threads to bite,tight.I think the second race I heard a loud bang like I ran over something,Hit the car underneath,this car has been hooked up,slight push at most and am wondering how this car should handle without this bolt in there.I'm not sure if this came out that night or when I got wrecked.the car was always loose till I put new tires on it for the first time,but not sure if it was the same night I heard the noise.Thanks guys Mike
Old 03-27-2002, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

i run my sway bar setup just opposite on my 69 where the driver's side has a bolt and nut and tightened down to help pre-load the front end thereby negating unwanted body roll, passs side has a regular strut rod with bushings. i know a couple guys running transverse t-bars who just leave out the bolt on the driver side altogether. i've tried it both ways and prefer pre-load with nut and bolt